46

Ray Pov:

"That was a close one, wasn't it? Thank goodness you're safe. It's all right now, I've taken care of the big bad monster. So come out now, will you?" Like hell I would. "Should I go and drag him out?" "No, it's fine, stay where you are." Maybe they'll give me the information I need... "Are you by yourself? Where are the others?" I knew it. (Y/N) and the others are safe! They haven't found them yet! "You understand now, don't you? Living outside here is impossible. Now let us return home." I'm the only one they've found so far. That's why they're trying to figure out what happened to everyone else! They're probing and checking my reactions, and trying to instill in me the will to surrender. These guys still don't know if (Y/N) and the rest are still alive, or where they are. Then there's only one thing left for me to do! Keep their attention completely focused on me! Keep them chasing after me at all costs! (Y/N)... You're making it real hard for me with the promise, but I'll find a way. But for you to be safe, I... I can't go back to you. It'd be the end of them since they're the target. I'll run in the opposite direction and lead them away as far as possible! But can I do it? No, there's no can or can't. I have to do this. Though I'm pretty sure death would be easier... An image of (Y/N) and the other children flashed through my mind. But I won't die. Not after we made that promise. I'm going to live and protect my family. If you come looking for me, I hope you find this, (Y/N), Emma. I used the scissors to cut the words 'Go 06-32 PURSUER' into the tree I was hiding behind. My (Y/N)... The next time we meet, we'll be in B06-32!

3rd Person Pov:

After a long silence, the raven haired boy stepped out of his hiding spot. "Took you long enough. Everyone's dead already." said Ray, moving one of his hands up to the scarf he was wearing. The Demons in front of him watched carefully as he moved his scarf to the side, reviling the number on the side of his neck. The Demon's tensed up, making Ray almost smirk. He knew that now that they know his number, they had to chase after him. Ray said: "I have no intention of going back there just to be eaten." The Demon immediately said: "Your opinion matters not. Capture him!" With that, the other Demons went chasing after the boy immediately.

The other escapees of Grace Field House heard a strange noise. "What was that sound just now?" asked Emma, looking around carefully. "What? Is something crazy gonna come after us again?!" asked/yelled Natt, shaking in fear. The children formed a simple circle, each of them observing their surroundings quietly. But nothing else seemed to be a threat. "Everything seems alright..." noted Anna, keeping a hold on Yvette's hand. "Hey, Ray's taking a while, isn't he? Shouldn't he be back by now?" asked Gilda, looking at everyone with a worried expression. (Y/N) had a look of panic and worry on her face as she looked back to where they had left him. "Do you think something happened?" asked Anna. Don asked: "Something? Like...?" "Like, our pursuers? Maybe?" asked one of the younger children. At that, Emma's and (Y/N)'s eyes widened. The girls looked at each other, shocked and worried. "I-It's fine. Ray can make it. No, he will make it!" called (Y/N), cheering the younger children up a little. Then, Dominic asked: "Emma? Are you okay? Your face is very pale!" Emma snapped out of her trance, smiling at Dominic. "I'm fine! Thanks, Buddy!" She turned to face (Y/N), saying: "I'm just gonna go check on the situation. You guys keep heading downwind." (Y/N) shook her head, saying: "No." "Hm? But someone has to check on Ray!" Emma tried to reason. But (Y/N) shook her head again. "Emma." She took her hand, whispering: "Ray's fine. He'll make it, then come back. But you... You're not fine, right?" Emma's eyes widened as she stepped back, looking at the (h/c) haired girl in disbelieve. "Listen, Emma. I made sure that Ray won't die. Now I need to make sure that you don't go and do something reckless. With your injury, they're gonna catch you in no time." Emma looked to the ground, thinking about (Y/N)'s words. Suddenly, Emma lost her balance, falling over. (Y/N) quickly caught her, saying: "Emma!" 'This is what I meant... The worst case scenario!' she thought, watching as everyone else joined their sides. "Emma! Hang in there!" called Gilda, looking at Emma's wound. "She's bleeding! The wound on her ear opened up!" called Anna, full of worry. "And she has a terrible fever!" added Gilda. "What do we do?! First Ray, now Emma..." Thoma trailed off, looking at (Y/N). Their heads snapped to the side, where a figure, seemingly human, stood. "This way." said the female voice, pointing in said direction. "Come this way."

(Y/N) Pov:

I stood back up, eyeing the girl. My eyes widened as I noticed something. That girl... No... But it could be our only option. What should I do? Emma would... She would follow, while Ray would decline. But... "A normal person...?" "She's a girl...?" asked the children. "Follow me." she said. I stepped forwards, silencing everyone. Yeah... Now that Ray and Emma aren't able to take the lead, I have to. Besides, if that girl is from the farm, too, we're already doomed. They would know our position, know that we're still alive, and everything they needed to know to hunt us down. I took a deep breath before saying: "Don, take Emma. Everyone, we're following." At that, the girl grinned, saying: "Very well." while my siblings nodded with determined expressions. "Gilda, you take the younger children and follow immediately. Don, you'll join her group. For the rest, I'll take the lead and we'll follow with a distance to avoid moving in bigger groups." "Okay!" "Yes!" With that, Don picked up Emma, starting to follow Gilda's group.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture from:

https://wallpapersplanet.net/anime/promised-neverland-wallpapers