57

3rd Person Pov:

Loud noises were heard, followed by an orange haired girl. She was smiling widely, hitting a metal spoon against a pot in an attempt to wake her siblings up. Each of them were lying on a mattress, filling up a whole room. "Sleeping on a mattress is the best!" called Chris, jumping around happily.

"Oh, I slept so, so, soo well!" said Alicia, running towards Mark and Jemima. "Say, were mattresses always this soft and fluffy?!" asked Mark, hugging his pillow. "Right? Feels so good!" called Jemima, nodding her head while doing the same thing as Mark.

Slowly sitting up, (Y/N) rested her still tired body against Ray's, yawning. "G-Good morning... D-Did you sleep well, Ray...?" she asked, her eyes half closed. "Ah... Hmm... Yeah, it was good..." mumbled Ray, rubbing his tired eyes. A couple of books were laying around their beds, indicating that they both stayed up late to read.

"Come on, get up, you two!" called Emma, smiling at the sight of her best friends. She was really happy for them. Before they had left Grace Field, it was clear to even her that those two had a crush on the other. "I-I'll stay in bed..." said (Y/N), laying back down. Ray eyed her, asking: "Are you not feeling well?" She merely shook her head, closing her eyes again. At that, Ray got up, saying: "I'll bring you some water."

While Ray made sure that (Y/N) was starting to feel at least a little better, Dominic called out: "Emma!", catching said girl's attention. "We made our beds right and proper! Can we go yet?!" Emma smiled at him and Rossi, saying: "Of course! Go ahead and enjoy it! You've been waiting for this since last night, right?" "Yes!" "Okaaay!" they both called, running towards the bathroom.

Time skip: a few hours later

(Y/N) Pov:

"I found clothes in your size, too, (Y/N). I'll leave them here for you." said Gilda, smiling as she put them down next to me. I nodded, smiling at her. "Th-Thank you, Gilda." I said, having to cough a little. She was about to leave, but stopped, saying: "Oh, and Ray is already cooking. He said that he'll bring you some as soon as he's done." I only nodded, still smiling. She then left, leaving me alone again.

I rolled onto my side, pulling both of the covers I'm using over me. Why is it still so cold in here? I let out a shaky breath as I took a book in my hands. If I'm just gonna lie around, I might as well read and learn. So, I started to read the book.

Just as I passed page 30, the door opened. I looked up from the book, smiling as Ray stepped inside. "How are you feeling?" he asked, sitting down next to me. I sat up, answering: "C-Could be worse, but a lot better, too." He put a hand on my forehead, saying: "I think your fever rose." in a worried tone. I put both of my hands on his cheeks, saying: "I'll be fine. It's just a cold." He hesitantly nodded, handing me a bowl of stew and a piece of bread.

"You're not going to eat?" I asked, taking the spoon in my hand. "I already did. Now eat before it gets cold." I nodded at his reply, saying: "Thank you for the food." before taking a spoon full into my mouth. "This tastes amazing!" I said, smiling lightly. Ray returned my smile, going to read another book while I ate. 

As the door opened again, I heard a tune played on a piano. A slight pout appeared on my face as I asked: "Am I missing that much?" "Natt just found a sheet with notes and wanted to play it." explained Emma, closing the door behind her. She took a seat next to Ray, asking: "Are you better?" I nodded my head, saying: "I'll be back to my feet in a day or two. And... I'm sorry for causing you two so much trouble."

"What are you talking about?" asked Emma back, a grin on her face. "You're not causing trouble at all." chimed Ray in, making Emma nod. She said: "If anything, you're helping out a lot by reading so many books. Besides, you deserve to rest, too." "Th-Thank you, Emma, Ray." I said, smiling sweetly at them.

After a short moment of silence, Emma said: "This is the beginning... The real thing starts now. Phil and the other kids also deserve to know this happiness. All of our family must go together to the human world." "Yeah." agreed Ray, looking up from his book."Oh, I want to meet the kids again so bad... And Norman..." "Me, too. I miss Phil, Sherry, Carol, Naila, Eugene, a-and everyone else... I-I want to know if they're safe..." I said, lowering my head.

"We will meet Phil and the kids one day. That's why we're looking for leads, right?" noted Ray, making both, Emma and me, nod. She said: "Yes! Let's start by looking for Minerva! The keys of this mystery must be hidden among the achieved materials and with that man."

3rd Person Pov:

After it was silent for a moment, (Y/N) said: "W-We have to learn how to kill them. The Demons." Emma smiled, glancing at Ray. He nodded, saying: "We know. That's why we're going to learn from that old man." (Y/N) tilted her head a little, then got what they were talking about. They were going to make the adult teach them how to survive outside. She looked down, asking: "Can I... Can I ask something of you?" "Of course!" said Emma, smiling encouragingly at the shy girl.

"Could you wait until I'm better, please?" At that, Ray and Emma looked at each other in confusion. (Y/N) continued: "I-I really want to help out. And if you go without me, I won't learn how to survive as fast as you two. I... I don't want to be a burden to any of you. I want to be able to protect everyone, too. Please, don't leave me out."

Emma and Ray shared another look, then began laughing. "Wh-What? D-Did I say something wrong...?" asked (Y/N), looking at them with confusion, het cheeks slightly red from embarrassment. Ray put a hand on her head, saying: "Seriously, who do you take us for?" "Yeah! We're obviously going to wait for you! The plan is to leave once you're all better." added Emma. With slightly widened eyes, (Y/N) smiled sweetly at the two of them, saying: "Thank you both so much!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.com/amiraramadan1/اغراض-دلال/