74

Hello everyone!
I hope your week has been great so far!!

Hopefully better than mine :)

Okay, so, I broke my pinky finger during sports (which I now hate even more), and writing a chapter is taking forever...

Luckily, I already wrote this chapter before I broke my finger, so that's a plus :)

Anyways,

Enjoy!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Zack said: "He went after Lucas' friends, one by one. He toyed with them before the final blow. It was as if he were slowly wrenching the arm of a toddler while grinning in the face of the guardian."

Sonya nodded, adding: "He was doing that to provoke the leader, Lucas' best friend... To fan the flames of his rage. He wanted to draw out a real killer. So he cornered them, again and again... All for the thrill of the hunt, mind you."

"Emma..." muttered (Y/N), getting the feeling that she might be in danger because of her earlier actions involving Leuvis. "He's extraordinarily dangerous. What's more, he's a total maniac, meaning his strategy is totally unpredictable. If our plan goes off-rails, he'll be the one derailing it." noted Zack.

Her hands tightening into fists, (Y/N) spoke up: "Oliver, I-I'd like to talk about the strategy again." The white haired boy nodded, saying: "Sure. I'll check up on Gillian and-" "It's urgent." she said, cutting him off.

Thinking for a second, he said: "Okay. Sonya, go check on Gillian and Nigel for me." "On it." she said, already on her way. (Y/N), too, started to walk, but in the opposite direction. Oliver quickly followed behind her, calling out to his friends: "You guys go eat and rest!" "Yes!"

(Y/N) Pov:

After a while of us walking in silence, I spoke up first. "I-I'm sorry for cutting you off... It's just... Now that I know about Leuvis, I-I'm worried about Emma." Oliver just nodded, a slight smile on his face. "I understand you. Leuvis is most likely going after you."

His expression turned darker as he said: "He'll probably try to kill Emma to anger you." I looked to the ground, letting out a sigh. "Oliver, I have a plan." I admitted, turning my head to look up at him.

He waited for me to continue, which I did. "I-If Leuvis is really going after me, then Emma shouldn't be buying time by talking to him. I should-" "No." I was surprised at his quick answer, asking: "Wh-What?"

"I can't let you do that." "But... Why?" I asked, still confused. He turned to look to the side, avoiding eye contact with me. "O-Oliver, I don't want Emma to die. So I can-" "No." I stopped, holding onto his wrist, asking: "Why not?"

"Because you're the best strategist we have. If you die, I'll... I'll never forgive myself." he told me, still not looking at me. "I... don't understand." I told him truthfully. "I don't get it, either. It's been just a day, and I..." He sighed, turning around to face me.

"(Y/N), I really like you. That's why I don't want to risk anything happening to you. Besides, Emma is physically stronger than you, meaning it's easier for her to run away if needed." he said, making me let go of him.

"I... Oliver... Th-This is... A-Are you..." I tried to speak up, but couldn't form a sentence. I don't know what... What should I do? This isn't what I expected. This is not... "I'm sorry for just saying it out loud, but you're already so important to me. I don't want to bring you into even more danger."

I shook my head at his words, saying: "I-I'm not trying to die! I just don't want E-Emma to die, so..." I trailed off, looking to the ground. "I know. But I already made up my mind." he said, chuckling softly. "Sorry, but this is for your best."

"No... I don't- I can't accept this. Oliver, if Emma dies because of me, because Leuvis wants me to kill him, th-then I could never forgive myself. I don't think I could ever go back to the shelter." I said, but his expression didn't change, and neither did his decision.

But I need to convince him. I need to do this. If I don't, Emma will die because of me. It'll all be my fault. And unlike back at the House, I can change that right now. But for that, I have to change. I can't keep on being that shy girl that can't even talk normally to people. I have to...

"I'd do anything to keep Emma safe. Even if it means lying to you all and pretending to play along. Even if I have to lie to Emma, I'd do it." I told him truthfully, a stern expression showing on my face.

He was clearly taken back by my sudden words, expression, and tone. I'd be, too. That's not like me at all. But it could be part of the new me. Brave. Smart. Someone to rely on. That's who I want to be. And for that, I finally have to step up. If I back down now, not only will I not start to change, I'll also end up losing Emma. So...

Hesitating for quite some time, Oliver finally sighed, saying: "Tell me your plan first and I'll consider it." A small smile spread on my face as I nodded, saying: "Y-Yes!"

Time skip:

3rd Person Pov:

While Gillian, Pepe, and Paula were handing out food, Emma went to talk to a boy, Theo. She had saved him the day before, when he and his siblings were about to get killed by a Demon. Sadly, both of his older siblings were killed later on, leaving him to grief by himself.

(Y/N) was sitting in the windmill, sketching on a piece of paper that Lucas had given her. He sat next to her, watching in awe as she sketched a person. After a short while, he recognized some of the person's features.

"Is that...?" he asked, his eyes widening. (Y/N) nodded, a small smile on her pink lips. "Y-Yes. Say, Lucas, w-was Mister always like that?" she asked him. "Like what?" "Pretending not to care, when he actually does."

Lucas let out a chuckle, saying: "That sounds just like him." "He's a great man. E-Even if you have to force conversations with him sometimes..." she told him, making him laugh a bit. He then said: "I bet you managed to make him warm up to you." She just continued to smile, leaving that sentence unanswered.

The next thing that was heard throughout all of Goldy Pond made everyone gasp. It was the very same melody that was supposed to be playing in a day or two, not that very day. But despite that, thanks to (Y/N), they had already expected this to happen.

Oliver quickly turned to face all of the children, calling: "The poachers are coming! All of you, grab your weapons and assume positions!" His team did just that, while helping the younger children evacuating.

(Y/N), too, quickly grabbed her weapons. She put her handguns on her belt, taking the bigger gun with her. Before leaving the windmill, she turned around to say: "W-We'll end it today. For sure." Lucas nodded, not saying a word as she left to get ready for the big fight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/3222549