85

Hello everyone!!

This chapter is probably the cutest chapter in this whole book so far.

I'm honestly in love with this!

Oh, quick question!

Since christmas is coming up, would you want to read a special?

If yes, than what kind of?

It'd be great if you could give me ideas in the comments (I'll credit the person who had the idea, of course)

Anyways, thank you soo muuch for 222k reads \(^♡^)/

Thanks to you guys, I get motivated to continue this book every week :)

So, thank you♡♡

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times. Luckily, it wasn't too bright wherever I was. I let out a shaky breath into the oxygen mask that was currently on my face, trying to move my aching body. My stomach hurts... And I feel so dizzy, even though I'm on a bed.

Wait, a bed? Where... Where am I? I turned my head a little, immediately recognizing the furniture. The shelter? How did I get back? Who...

My thoughts were interrupted as I laid eyes on the person that was sitting on a chair next to my bed. He was sleeping, his head resting on his arms that were laying right next to me. A small smile formed itself on my lips.

"R...Ray..." I managed to breath out, wishing I could just get up and hug him close to me. I miss his warmth. And I miss his soothing words. But at least he's save. I closed my eyes again, taking in a deep breath, trying once more to move my body.

I managed to lift my right arm a little, dragging it over to him. As gentle and careful as I could, I put my hand onto his head. My heartbeat increased as certain memories started to crowd my mind.

The time we discovered you were the traitor.

The many, many times you saved me from being suspected.

The gentle way you held me right after Mama had broken my arm.

The countless times I could count on you being by my side whenever I needed it the most.

The two months after Norman got shipped out, where you refused to leave my side even once.

The promise we made right before we escaped.

The very first kiss we shared, just before jumping towards our freedom.

And now, I almost died. And you're here with me. Right now.

"Ray..." I repeated his name, my voice raspy and thin, almost like a whisper. He started to shift a little, eventually lifting his head. His beautiful, dark green eyes met with my (e/c) ones and the world seemed to stop spinning for moment.

It felt like he was the only one important at the moment, like nothing else even mattered in the slightest. His eyes widened slightly before he took my hand in his, smiling warmly at me. "(Y/N)..." he said, his voice filled with relief and happiness.