22

3rd Person Pov:

"Do you think it's reckless?" asked Emma. Norman answered immediately: "It is." "But with this plan, we can catch Mama off guard. Realistically, this is the only way to escape with everyone." Norman thought for a few seconds, before looking back at Emma, saying: "Yeah." She smiled at him. Then they continued to do their chore. Emma broke the silence by asking: "Should we tell Ray and (Y/N)?" "No." answered Norman honestly, putting a shirt up o the hanger. "Do you think Ray would really have everyone escape?" asked Emma, putting a bedsheet over a pole. "Of course he would. Ray's been moving all this time while thinking about us. Always, for the three of us." "Three of us?" "Oh. Don't worry. I'll bring it up to Ray sometime soon." "Okay. But what about (Y/N)?" Norman turned around, avoiding eye contact. He hesitated, but eventually said: "I'll tell her something else." "Norman, tell me, why are you treating (Y/N) different now?" His blue eyes widened. He looked at Emma with a questioning look on his face. She understood and said: "You don't involve her into plans, you leave her out sometimes, and stuff like that. Why is that?" Norman remembered Ray's words. His second condition. "Keep her save." he whispered under his breath, making it inaudible to Emma. He then smiled at her, saying: "You see, Mama and Sister don't suspect her as much as us, so I'm trying to keep (Y/N) at a certain distance, so she wouldn't get caught because of us." "That's really smart! You're amazing, Norman!" praised Emma, not realizing that he didn't say the real reason.

Time skip:

Norman Pov:

I snuck inside one of the bedrooms, the one Ray is sleeping in, to be exact. I walked over to his bed, checking the cupboard for anything 'weird'. Nothing. I checked under the bed, but again, nothing. So I decided to pull the bed away from the wall. There, I was able to lift a bit of the floor. My eyes widened at what I saw there. "'All this to make sure you three don't get killed.'" I repeated his exact words. Ray... It's just as I thought. "I see. You're amazing, Ray." I said to myself. "So it's true, then?" I turned around at the sudden voice, looking at a pair of (e/c) eyes. When did she...? She smiled sadly, then walked up to me. "Just as I thought. Ray... You're the idiot..." She started to tear up, so I quickly hugged her, pulling her into my chest. She cried silently for a few minutes. I only patted her head, saying: "It's all right, (Y/N). He still hasn't used them." "B-But... Norman, wh-what should I do?" She looked up at me, her (e/c) eyes red from crying. "I don't want to lose him... Ray..." "(Y/N)..." I then smiled lightly, saying: "I'll tell you something, okay? So stop crying, please." She nodded her head slowly, then asked: "Wh-What is you're going to tell me?" "A plan." "Emma's plan?" "No. It wasn't thought through enough to be used. But I have a plan to save Ray." Her eyes widened as she nodded, waiting for me to continue.

"I stole them, just like you wanted." said Don, showing me the requested items. (Y/N) stood behind me, holding me by my shirt. She was always this cute when she's sad, scared, or upset. I can see why Ray likes her so much. "Detergent and herbicide." said Don, bringing me out of my thoughts. "What are you going to use these for?" I answered: "They'll come in handy for our investigation." "By investigation, you mean we'll go past the fence to climb the wall and look outside, right?" asked Gilda, who stood next to Don.

Time skip:

(Y/N) Pov:

"What about the tracking devices?" asked Gilda. Emma smiled at her, answering: "We just have to make sure they don't check them." "We'll have both Mama and Sister looking somewhere else, and create a situation where they won't look at their trackers." said Norman. Don asked: "But how?" "I'll have Ray stall Mama. I'm having him give her false information." "A-And I'll be keeping Sister Krone busy." I said, nodding at Norman. He smiled at me, also nodding. "Ah, there she is. Good luck. And please be careful." I said to them, smiling. "Of course!" "You, too." "Good luck!" I then ran to the tree, immediately sitting under it. And just as I flipped through the pages of a book I was reading, I heard her voice again. "Hi there, (Y/N). Want to draw something together?" This is too easy. There has to be something else that comes in our way... Right...?

A little while back:

Ray Pov:

"So you had a fight with that Norman?" asked Mama. I said: "We had a difference of opinion." "So what did you want to tell me?" She put the medicine and everything away that she used to take care of my bruise. I said: "Norman is trying to kill you." Her eyes widened before she said: "If he wants to escape with everyone, that's something he would think of. And?" "He's collecting items. A hammer, detergent, herbicide, or anything else that he thinks he can use." "Including that rope that's too short?" "Yeah. I tried to stop him, you know. I told him it's too risky and wrong." "And that's how you got that bruise." finished Mama, smiling slightly. Then, she turned serious again, saying: "Murder by poison. Chemicals can be troublesome." I said: "Yeah. You'd better not ship them out early. I want them to live to the end, until 12 years old. In this House, without any discomforts. The three of them." I could feel her glare at me. I looked up at her, saying: "So let's replace the chemicals with something else. Put fake stuff in the containers." "Do you know where it is?" asked Mama. I answered: "Yeah." "Then let's deal with it tomorrow. Is that all you have to report?" "Yeah. Do you have something else that's bothering you?" "Not at all." She walked past me, towards the door, but stopped. "Oh, right. I'm letting you know a little early. I received a notification from the top at yesterday's scheduled check-in. The next shipment has been nearly set." What? Nearly? "There will be no regular shipment for next month." I see. I said: "Then the next one will be in January. My 12th birthday." Mama smiled at me, as I leaned back on the chair, saying: "So the next shipment will finally be me, huh?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/829929037570088485/