56

Wow, we're already at 120k views on this book?

I seriously never thought it'd get that much.

Again, thank you all for your support, comments, and votes. It really, really means soo much to me that you guys enjoy reading this book. I love writing it, and you just keep on motivating me. So, thank you so muuch!!

Anyways, enough of my talk, here you go with another chapter!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

The raven haired boy didn't know what to do. The girl he loved so dearly was just threatened with her death, and now that stranger of a man had shot at her? He couldn't even take in his surroundings anymore. It broke him. It broke his heart. He was paralyzed, not being able to move even a finger.

However, he snapped out of his paralyzed state as he heard a very familiar, quiet, sweet voice ask: "Wh-Why did you miss, then?" The boy's dark green eyes widened as his lover got back up, keeping her (e/c) gaze at the man in front of them. He wanted nothing more than to just hug her, tell her how happy and relieved he was that she was well, and at the same time, tell her to never do something like that again. Even though it wasn't her fault at all, and he knew that.

Emma, nodding her head rapidly, decided to back up her friend. "If we were to leave, we could make noise and risk leading Demon's here." she said, knowing that they got a hold of the man now. He, however, was having none of it. It annoyed him to no end, that these kids 'thought' they were oh so smart, thinking they could outplay him, an adult. Snapping, he called: "Bullcrap! I don't wanna deal with 16 bloody corpses in my home, that's all!"

"I couldn't care less 'bout you stupid brats... Don't think you're worth a damn. Next one ain't for show! I'm serious! For real this time, get outta here or I'm gonna blow your frigging head off!" he called, pointing the gun at the (h/c) haired girl for the third time. This time, however, she was being covered by the raven haired boy. He would not risk her getting hurt again today. So, the adult pointed the gun at Emma.

"We refuse. We can't afford to leave this place. We can't give up on our pen, either. And also, my family isn't dead weight!" said Emma, her green eyes filled with determination, and a bit anger. She despised the fact that she couldn't have done anything to save one of her best friends, had the man chosen to pull the trigger and aim right. She clenched her fists, stepping in front of her two best friends, yelling: "Whatever you think of death and weighting down... Comrades... Hope... Caring... Those are important things! All of them... All of them are important!"

Only angered even more, the adult saw himself in those kids. He saw himself and his friends, that he lost one day, making him want to puke. Bringing his hands to his head, he started talking to himself. "Stop... That's not it... That's not it... It's wrong, John... You shut the hell up, Lucas!" yelling the last part, he accidentally scared some of the children. One of them being (Y/N). She clutched onto Ray, closing her eyes. She definitely dealt with enough for a day, and now?

"No... No... Goddammit...! They're... really... awful." With those words, the adult lost balance, falling onto the table he was standing on just seconds ago. After checking him, Emma said: "He's not faking it... He's out for good." Meanwhile, a bit behind them, Ray was checking on (Y/N), just to make sure that she was really alright.

He immediately noticed the cut on her cheek, gently brushing a thumb over it. (Y/N) flinched, but stood still, letting him do what he had to. "He missed. He barely missed." was all that he muttered, his heart still beating extremely fast. He was still worried for her, seeing the image of her with the gun held to her head. He knew that she was safe now, but he couldn't calm down.

(Y/N), who noticed his unusual state, pulled him into the hallway, giving him a tight hug. He returned it, and she said: "I-It's fine. I'm okay. You don't have to worry about me now." Actually calming down quite a bit at her gentle tone and words, Ray couldn't help but to place a kiss on her forehead, hugging her closer to himself.

After that, Ray had calmed down completely, putting his head on top of hers. "A-Are you okay now, Ray?" she asked, making him hum. "Just glad you're fine." he answered. "I'm sorry to have made you worry again..." Letting his arms wrap around the smaller body of (Y/N), Ray said: "It's fine. Just don't turn it into a habit." She giggled lightly at him, kissing his cheek before saying: "I think we should go back to the others." Ray nodded, following close behind her.

Walking around in a big group, Ray explained: "This shelter was set up by Minerva. But, contrary to what we expected, he's not around to meet us. Therefor, we'll search for any leads about him, and about the outside world, too. Starting with the archives." "Right." said Emma, nodding her head. "Archives?" asked Rossi, not remembering that they passed a room like that before.

"You heard the guy mention it, right? That this shelter has materials and information about the world. (Y/N), Emma, and I will try to find the archive room. Don and Natt, you keep guard on that man, please." stated Ray. "Got it." answered Don, smiling confidentially. "Everyone else, look for rooms where we can sleep and rest safely." "Okay!" And the children went to do just what they were told.

While searching for a room to rest in, Yvette found a room that was... interesting, yet scary. Anna's eyes widened as she saw the countless words written on the walls of that room. "What's... this?" she asked, freaked out by the sight in front of her. Yvette read the word that was written the largest in the room. "Po-Poachers?"

"Th-There's so many books here." noted (Y/N), staring at each row of books. Emma and Ray closed the doors of the rooms they were previously in, joining her side. "Amazing! With this much information, we'll know so much more about the outside world!" called Emma, raising her fist in the air to celebrate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2529801