111

Norman Pov:

"Ratri." My eyes widened slightly before I closed them, a small smile on my lips. "Why do you want to know more about the Ratri clan?" I asked, feeling their gazes on me. (Y/N) answered: "Besides the obvious, you slipped up a few times."

Now that caught my attention. I looked at her, furrowing my brows. "What do you mean?" I asked her. She kept her serious expression as she replied: "When you told us about the Demons and all, whenever you mentioned anything related to the Ratri clan, you would look at me, even if just for a mere second."

I really did that? Shit, I knew I should've been more careful around her. She's still just as clever as she's always been. And her observation skills can come in handy for me. Or she could figure me out before I get through with everything.

Sighing lightly, I said: "You saw right through me." I quickly dropped the small smile I had on my face, asking: "This is a personal topic. Do you want to talk about it in private?" Keeping her blank expression, (Y/N) shook her head.

"I'd tell them everything anyway, so please go ahead." she said, nodding once. "I see." I said, thinking for a moment-. "Then, I'll start by saying this. Your full name is (Y/N) Ratri." I stated, my tone careful, as to test how much I should tell.

"What?" she asked, looking at Ray for confirmation. He, however, kept his eyes on me, asking: "Did you just say that (Y/N) belongs to the Ratri clan?" I nodded, causing Emma to gasp lightly.

3rd Person Pov:

Norman remained silent for a short moment, taking in a rather deep breath. "(Y/N), your mother was a sister that was raised at Grace Field at the same time as Mama. One day, she met your father, James Ratri." he said, his blue eyes almost glued on (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N) remained silent, listening intently. The other two didn't dare to say anything. It wasn't their place to do so, anyway. Norman continued: "James Ratri had been supporting us Cattle Children even before you were born, and he eventually got caught."

He closed his eyes, saying: "He, together with his wife, were killed on that very same day by the orders of Peter Ratri, your uncle. He was also the one that decided to send you to Grace Field instead of killing you, too. You were barely two years old at that time. And what happened from then on, you all know."

"How..." started (Y/N), looking into his eyes. "How did you find that all out?" Without missing a beat, Norman answered: "I read all about the incident in some files back at Lambda. And Smee had asked me how you were doing once. When I asked him why he asked that, he said that you were the descendant of the real William Minerva."

"I see... That's... a lot of information." said (Y/N), trying to wrap her head around it. Ray suddenly perked up, asking: "Does that mean that Mama knew? Did she know that (Y/N) is from the Ratri clan?"

"Yeah, she knew. She knew all this time. She was also close friends with your mother, (Y/N). That's probably why she didn't suspect you back before you guys escaped." answered Norman, nodding once.

Emma thought for a moment, then said: "Then this means... The real William Minerva, James Ratri, is (Y/N)'s father? Wasn't she supposed to become the next head of the Ratri clan, then?" To that, Norman nodded once more.

"She was. But after James got found out, Peter Ratri did everything in his might to kill both him and his wife. The only reason why (Y/N) survived this is because you're his niece, I think. My theory is that he couldn't bring himself to let his men kill a child." answered Norman, looking at Emma, then at (Y/N).

"So you're saying... I wasn't meant to be... cattle? I wasn't... wasn't meant to meet any of you?" asked (Y/N), looking at her friends, then at Ray. Her eyes teared up as she slowly got up, saying: "I-I need some fresh air."

The other three kept silent as they watched her leave the room, the tension far too high for any of their liking. Emma was the first to speak up. "Is this really true? Everything that you just told us... It's really the truth, Norman?"

Mentioned male nodded, sighing heavily. "I knew it would be too early for her to find out, but... She needed to know someday." Ray, somewhat lightly, hit Norman's shoulder, then stood up. Norman asked: "Ouch. What was that for?"

"She was crying." stated Ray, tightening his hands into fists as he started to walk after his girlfriend. Norman gasped lightly, quickly looking down onto his lap. He had messed up, and he knew it. He didn't want to make her cry. He didn't want to hurt the one person that was the closest to a real sibling to him.

Without saying anything else, Ray left the room, too, leaving only Emma and Norman behind. Emma was still trying to understand everything, while Norman was starting to blame himself. "Hey, Norman. It might have been a bit too soon for her to find out, but you shouldn't underestimate our (Y/N). She's... She's really changed these past two years." said Emma, trying to encourage her friend.

He only looked at her, sighing once more. "I know, but... No, you're right. She's strong now." Emma smiled happily at him, saying: "Of course she is! You should've seen her at Goldy Pond. Man, all of a sudden, she wasn't just our little sister anymore. No, she... she didn't need to be protected anymore."

They started to pack the chess board away, with Emma continuing to tell her stories. "Seriously, she's so amazing. Her change came so sudden and quick, and I... I felt like she would leave me behind. But she never did. She'll always be the kind (Y/N) we all know. If she's a Ratri or not, she'll always be our (Y/N)."

At that, Norman smiled a little. Emma was always able to lift his mood. Even in situations such as these. Chuckling, Norman said: "Thank you, Emma. You're right. (Y/N) will always be (Y/N), and we'll always be there to assist her if she really needs it." "That's what I was trying to say!" said Emma, starting to laugh, with Norman joining in soon after.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/365706432249719172/