125

3rd Person Pov:

Stepping into the very familiar setting, (Y/N) hastily looked left and right, not sure what to expect at this point. They had all been caught off guard by this place already, and she didn't want to let her guard down again.

All three of them were moving around carefully, knowing that something was off, yet neither of them could put it into words. Until Emma spoke up. "Ah... There's no sound."

"That's it! It's way too quiet..." trailed Ray off, not liking the atmosphere and the memories of this place. "Do you think this place is empty?" asked Emma, looking at her two friends, with Ray saying: "Let's find out."

Suddenly, out of the blue, a strange, startling laugh could be heard, followed by a ball perfectly falling down the stairs, not hitting the walls in any way. It landed right in front of their feet, causing even more confusion to break out.

"A ball...?" asked Emma, taking a single step forwards. "Let's play." said a voice that sounded like a child, yet much, much more terrifying. The ball suddenly had an eye, staring at the three kids.

Startled, the escapee's backed off, with Emma tripping on a door that had appeared underneath her, falling through it. "Uwaaah!" "Emma!" called (Y/N), quickly reaching her hand out towards her best friend, to no avail.

She leaned in more, losing her grip and falling, too. Luckily for her, Ray grabbed the back of her jacket just in time, quickly pulling her back up. "Shit. Emma, can you hear me?!" he asked out loud, now looking at the ground, where the door had been mere seconds ago.

"It's... It's gone? How is this even possible? I don't think I get it..." trailed (Y/N) off, not liking the complexity of this place. "Ray, (Y/N)!" called Emma, her voice coming from upstairs.

Sharing a quick glance, the young couple began running up the stairs, calling out for their lost friend. "Emma!" "Emma, please say something!" "Where are you? If you can hear us, call back!" However, they didn't get any reply.

Instead, their surroundings began to shift, getting all confusing. "Ray." called a familiar, soft voice, causing mentioned boy to turn around, his dark green eyes widening at what, rather, who he was seeing. "Mama...?"

And in that very moment, in the short moment his attention was diverted from his fiancée, she had stepped to the side, slipping on the stairs. "Wah, Ray! Help-" she called, her voice suddenly disappearing into thin air.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)?!" he asked, looking around frantically, not able to spot her. She had just disappeared into nothingness, much to his disliking. His heart began pounding against his chest, and his mind began screaming that he had to get out of there. Together with his friends.

"Welcome home, Ray." said Isabella, approaching the still shocked boy. She hugged him, saying: "You've grown so big..." Hesitating for a moment, Ray finally pushed her away, asking: "Who... Who are you?!"

"Let's play. Let's play." repeated children. To his horror, he knew them all. Connie, Hao, Sadie... All children that had been shipped out. All the children he couldn't protect.

His breath hitched as he stared into their soulless eyes, regret filling his whole being once more. Just like he had felt when he watched them all leave. When he watched them all walk to their literal death.

"Eh?" He stared at his hands, noticing that his whole body had shrunken. He was now back to being around the age of six. "This way, my adorable children." said Isabella, and child after child started to appear out of door after door.

Then, within the blink of an eye, they were nothing more than skeletons, chasing poor Ray around, repeating: "Let's play. Let's play." over and over again. Ray immediately began to run, calling out: "(Y/N)! Emma!", still trying to find his friends in this mess.

-

"Emma!" called (Y/N) out, running around, opening door after door. She still hadn't heard anything from the orange haired girl, and she was starting to worry. And now, she was also split off, wandering the familiar, yet very foreign rooms of their old home.

She kept on running, calling out to her friends, slowly losing hope. "No, please..." she muttered out, slowly but surely coming to a halt. "I-I don't want to be alone. I-I'm scared like this..." she said, noticing that her clothing had changed, along with her appearance.

She was now a young child again, barely six years old. "No... No, no, no... I-I can't... This isn't... R-Ray! Emma!" she called out, tears filling her eyes, realizing that she may never find them ever again. Because after all, not even a handful of people had made it back from the 'seven walls', and she wasn't even sure if this place truly was the 'seven walls'.

"Seven walls... Seven..." she trailed off, suddenly deep in thought. "Why seven?" She was so deep in thought that she didn't notice the woman approaching her. She was wearing the typical sister's uniform, a kind smile on her pink lips.

Her shoulder long, black hair moved gently with every step she took, and she eventually stopped right in front of the young girl. "(Y/N)." called the woman, her voice sweet, almost addicting.

Hearing her name caused (Y/N) to snap out of her thoughts, looking up at the stranger of a woman. She immediately stepped back, staring into the woman's (e/c) eyes. "Who... Who are you?" she asked hesitantly, taking the woman's appearance in once more.

The woman chuckled, kneeling down in front of her, holding a hand out for the girl to grab. "Don't be like that, silly." Staring at the hand, (Y/N) said: "I'm not... I'm not good with strangers..."

"But I'm not a stranger, my little (Y/N)." she replied, a slight frown presenting itself on her pretty face. Now even more confused, (Y/N) asked: "Then who are you? I don't recognize you."

Sighing, the woman gently placed her hand onto the young girl's head, asking: "I gave my life to protect you, and this is how you repay me?" She then chuckled, cupping the girl's face, a sweet smile on her lips as she said: "As if I would ever say that. My name is Miryam. And I'm your mother."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/613334042989970899/