64

(Y/N) Pov:

My eyes widened as Emma sat helplessly on the ground. "Emma!" called Ray, looking around for the gun he held previously. But Emma had it. And she wasn't shooting.

I was still kneeling on the ground, thinking quickly. My surroundings started to slow down, and my senses became incredibly sharp. I was able to put a plan together in less than a second, quickly pulling my gun out.

I aimed it at the Demon, about to shoot, but for some reason, I hesitated. No, no, no, no, no! Shoot! Come on, shoot! Emma will die if I don't! Emma will...! I closed my eyes shut, pulling the trigger two times.

My body was flung back by the sudden force, slamming against the tree that was standing tall behind me. "(Y/N)! Emma!" yelled Ray, ripping me out of my trance. I stumbled forwards, my eyes looking over the Demon that was now laying on the ground, not moving.

My breath hitched as I looked down at the gun in my hands, gripping it tightly. I just... I just shot that Demon... I shook my head, looking up to check if I made it in time. And sure enough, Emma was alright.

She, together with Ray, hurried towards me, pulling me back up on my feet. "E-Emma... I-I-I'm so glad I made it..." I managed to say, noticing the way my body was shaking rather violently.

She had a sweet smile on her face, throwing her arms around me to give me a tight hug, saying: "Thank you so much, (Y/N)!" I could only nod, my eyes still wide. I felt my heartbeat inside of my head, and a headache started to appear.

Why...? Why is this happening? Even though I saved Emma, I'm- "(Y/N)?" she called out to me, but it sounded like I was underwater. What is this? What in the world is happening?

"Hey, (Y/N), what's wrong?" asked Ray, gently grabbing me by my shoulders. I couldn't respond, nor move. My breathing became heavier as I had the sudden urge to flee. But... from what? I could only stare at him, noticing how his expression turned into a worried one.

"Can you still hear us?" he asked, lightly shaking me. I took in a fit of short breaths, but it felt like I was slowly suffocating. "R-Ray..." I managed to mutter out, my head feeling like it was about to explode.

He shared a quick, worried look with Emma, before placing a hand on my cheek, asking: "(Y/N), what's wrong?" It was then that I was slowly starting to calm down, being able to move again. I took the opportunity, hugging Ray tightly, like my life depended on it.

"(Y/N)..." I took in a few, sharp breaths, as though I was afraid that I would suffocate any second now, which I was. He lighty patted my head, saying: "Whatever that was, it's over now. You'll be okay. I'll make sure about that."

"Th-Thank you..." I said, closing my eyes for a second. "I was wondering when that would happen." noted Mister, drawing our attention on him. He was smirking, saying: "That was a panic attack, obviously. Kinda normal to have one out here, but I have to say, I'm impressed you pulled that trigger. Twice."

I blinked a few times, repeating his words. "Panic attack...?" He nodded, saying: "I suspected you'd have one. You're a scaredy-cat, aren't ya?" He's right. I'm completely useless like this. I have to-

"Anyway, let's move on before the rest of its pack finds the body here." said Mister, readying his weapon. We stared at him in confusion, with Emma asking: "What?" "While you did shoot it, you didn't kill it. Man-eaters don't die that easily. They rise again very fast. It'll call the others now." he explained, and we watched as the Demon rose again.

Some of the panic got right back to me, but I was able to think clearly this time, grabbing Ray's hand tightly. Then, the Demon started screeching. It was so loud that we had to cover our ears. After that, it started to run.

We immediately took off, running after Mister while Ray yelled at him. "You bastard! If it's not dead, say something!" "It was on purpose." was his short response. "What?!" "I didn't say anything about it not being dead to have fun with you."

"You-" "'s alright, it's alright! I am not dying here. But you three... Bit of a pinch, innit? You messed with their meal and attacked one of the pack. They're pretty pissed off." We now stood on top of a tree, the adrenaline running as fast as never before through our veins.

"This is even more terrifying than just letting them call the band!" noted Mister, a huge grin on his face. Ray snapped, calling: "You goddamn jerk!" Mister, however, didn't stop grinning. "This is just the first stop in your journey to hell! Your lives are mine to play with now."

Our eyes widened at that. Our lives? His to play with? That's... "Well then, kids. Let's see you try and survive this." he said, turning around. "Welp, guess y'all gonna die, but try and do your best anyway! I'll be around, watching the show!"

"W-Wait!" I called out, but he didn't even glance back, saying: "As soon as two of you drop dead, I'll come save the other one." And with that, he was gone. "Mister!" tried Emma, but Ray said: "Forget it. He said he's watching, so he'll be close. This won't endanger our family in the shelter, and we're not losing the guide, either."

I nodded at him, remembering the plan I made. This is the perfect opportunity to test the second gun. I'm pretty sure it works the way I think it does, but we'll see after this. "So concentrate only on how to get through this!" said Ray.

Emma noted: "Look! They're climbing up here!" "This way!" I called, making the other two nod. They followed me without hesitation, and we jumped to get onto another tree.

I turned to face them, saying: "I-I've got a plan. Success guaranteed to around 75%, depending on the strength of those Demons. If they're stronger than I estimated, the success rate drops to a mere 2%. At most."

I glanced down at the second gun, holding it tightly. "D-Do you trust me?" I asked, a determined expression showing on my face. Ray and Emma nodded immediately, both of them saying: "We trust you!" I grinned a little, saying: "Thank you. Now, we have to..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/3249845