9

3rd Person Pov:

"Norman and I are 'It', and everyone runs away." said (Y/N), sitting in between Ray and Norman. Norman said: "We pretend it's play when we're actually training. That way, Mama won't find out." "I'll teach them how to utilize their bodies. As for how to utilize their brains..." said Emma. The other three finished: "Leave it to us."

And like that, they trained. Emma ran over the tree trunk, many children following her. But at least half of them fell into the water. 

"Don't rush." said Ray. Lani turned to look at him. "Think. What can you do to escape? (Y/N) and Norman won't overlook things like that."

Lani thought for a second, looking at his footprints. He then made some fake ones and ran the other way.

"Read the wind. Which way makes it easier to run away?" asked Ray. Don listened to what he said.

He put a finger in the air, saying: "Let's see. Downwind." With that, he went into the best direction of choice.

Emma shushed the children behind her, looking out for Norman.

Thoma jumped down a tree trunk, stopping a second later. "This is cool. I can last a lot longer than before!" he said, not noticing the person behind him. "Maybe I can even make it-" A hand on his shoulder made him scream. Norman had caught him. As he got back to the others, he said: "I thought I was doing so good." "You can't just leave your own footprints. You have to check the opponent's footprints, too." informed Ray. "Really?" "Yeah. And Norman is also reading your habits. For example, Thoma, you..." He stopped from talking as he noticed something. Sister Krone. She watched him. (Y/N) was the first one back. She stood next to him in the shade, watching Sister Krone. All of the other kids, including Emma and Norman, joined their side. Sister Krone walked up to them, carrying a young boy on her back. "Playing tag looks like fun." she said. "I want to get along with everyone. So let's play tag. The match's time limit will be 20 minutes. I'll be 'It'. Everyone, try to run away from me." She smiled wierdly at the children, causing (Y/N) to take a few steps back and hide behind the tree Ray was sitting at. Ray looked at her, nodding. She did the same, smiling slightly. 'Let's do this.' she thought.

"Seven, eight, nine ten!" counted Sister Krone. She then said: "Now, let me see what that woman's special children can do!" Meanwhile, in the forest, Norman, Ray, and (Y/N) stood there, watching her. "So, how will the enemy move?" asked Ray. "She'll probably look for us first." said Norman. (Y/N) said: "On her way, she'll capture as many of the others as possible. Or something like that." The three of them then split into different directions.

Sister Krone was running at a fast pace, but suddenly stopped to listen. She then noticed footprints on the ground. "Fake ones? And what's with this silence?" She smiled creepily, saying: "I'll have to get serious!"

All of the kids were hiding. The four oldest were hiding in a tree. "She's not coming after us at all." said Emma. Ray asked: "Did she change her strategy?" Suddenly, a few children gathered under them, all holding a leave. Sister Krone rushed out of the bushes, hugging them all. "Too bad, caught you!" Emmas eyes widened slightly. She asked: "Why did everyone gather in one spot?" As they got down to check, they noticed that the leafes had forms in them. "She used these to lure in the younger ones." said Norman. Ray said: "So she's not stupid, huh?" while holding one up. "No... But..." said (Y/N), trailing off.

As the time slowly passed, Sister Krone caught more and more children. She even destroyed a tree trunk just to catch Lani. She then went after two younger children. Phil said: "Emma!" But before Sister Krone could reach the two of them, Emma picked them up, running away from her.

Emma Pov:

"Cover your mouths!" I ordered. They both did what I said as I continued to run. She's fast. Luckily, I managed to hide between the rocks. I covered my mouth to stop myself from breathing too loud. "Running while carrying two kids. You must be tired, Emma." she said. My eyes were wide as I tried to calm my breath. "You won't be able to move unless you rest. Did you know? Norman's weakness is physical strength. I heard he was feeble when he was younger." She walked around, trying to find us. "Ray's weakness is that he's a little quick to give up. He makes a decision fast but abandons them just as quickly." She looked behind a few rocks, but didn't find us yet. "(Y/N)'s weakness is her mind. She's really smart and sharp, but overthinks quite often. And you, Emma!" she turned around, still smiling strangely. "Your weakness is your naiveté." I tired my best to not make a noise, which worked pretty well. "Like how naive you are by carrying others when you're being chased. Just give up and come on out." I followed her with my eyes, trying to find out when she leaves. "I won't do you wrong. Listen, Emma. If you saw the harvest that day..." My eyes widened. Harvest? "then I'm on your side." I quickly looked to the side before looking up with wide eyes. There she was, hovering over us with that creepy smile. "Found you!"

(Y/N) Pov:

I can only guess. But I saw Emma walking back a minute ago. If she got Emma, she got everyone else except us. That means only three are left. Norman, Ray, and me. I took a quick glance at my pocket watch. Eight minutes and 40 seconds. I caught up to the two, running alongside with them. Suddenly, Sister Krone was right behind us. I closed my eyes before focusing. She's going to go... After Norman, or me. She won't go after Ray yet. We split. Norman ran to the right, Ray to the left, and I continued with the middle path. And... I was right. She's after me. Run. You can make it. Run. Don't stop. Run! She's the enemy! If you can run from her, you're one step closer to escaping with everyone! I noticed Norman on my right. He motioned for me to follow him. And as quick as I could, I ran to the right. Norman slowed down a bit, so I could catch up to him. He took me by my wrist, picking up the pace. My breaths became sharp and irregular. My chest stung and my legs were shaking more with every step I took. I quickly checked our surroundings. Think... What could I do? Where? How? Suddenly, I got an idea. But Norman was already headed that way. He's just too good, really. We ran and ran. Until we reached the spot we wanted to reach. Within seconds, we vanished from Sister Krone's sight. She stopped and looked around. As she looked up, her eyes widened. "Try and catch us." I said, giving her a smile as she said: "So these are the perfect scorers of this place." with wide eyes. Then, Ray walked up to her, touching her arm. "Time's up." he said. I was breathing somewhat heavily. I got down from the rock, still smiling at Sister Krone. She underestimated us. "Are you all right?" asked Ray. I looked at him before answering: "M-More or less..." still breathing unevenly. As I took a step, I lost my balance and my legs gave up on me. Thankfully, he caught me. "Yeah, more or less, I see." he said, looking at me with a worried expression. I gave him a quick smile, still breathing heavily. "Running... Just isn't mine, after all." He sighed putting me on his back. "Wh-What are you doing?" I asked. He responded: "Isn't it obvious? You're in no condition to walk. Even the youngest here can walk better that you at the moment." I calmed myself, putting my arms over his shoulders. As we got back, the other children cheered. "They did it!" "Yay!" I smiled lightly at them, waving. Norman and Ray did the same. Tough Ray didn't wave. He had to hold me, after all. "Thank you..." I muttered quietly. He glanced at me before saying: "Don't mind it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://pin.it/4a90PZ6