119

3rd Person Pov:

"'Evil blood maiden'?" repeated Emma, confused at what Norman called their dear friend. Ray asked: "You know about her, Norman?" "Yes, although I only know of her existence through second-hand information." he answered, seemingly deep in thought.

He added: "'Since she's been born, that Demon has never eaten humans.' She's a singular special exception where, without eating humans, she can preserve her humanoid traits and intelligence."

Norman sighed lightly, brushing a hand through his white hair. "Her date of birth and origin are unknown. The earliest confirmed information on her dates back to 700 years ago. After the 'promise', before the farm system had been fully established. The girl had started to appear before villages ravished by famine. She was their messiah."

"Messiah?" repeated Emma, not believing what she was hearing. "She can... share her ability?" thought (Y/N) out loud, causing Norman to nod. He said: "With only a small portion of her blood, she was able to infect others with that power of hers."

"That's... That would be the end for the farming system. The hierarchy would collapse." said (Y/N), thinking it all over again. "That's true. They no longer needed to eat arms or legs. And not to mention, they had no need to eat brains either. All with just one cup." explained Norman.

His expression turned more serious as he said: "With just one cup of that girl's blood, those Demons were able to gain the same genetic makeup as that girl." "Eh? Then..." trailed Emma off, thinking before speaking up again.

"Demons that drink Mujika's blood will have a form like Mujika... So you're saying there were Demons that were fine without eating humans?" she asked, the shock written all over her face. Nodding subtly, Norman said: "Yes, and, using their blood, they increased the number of Demons that they imparted that 'power' onto."

"So co-ecistance was possible, after all." stated (Y/N), basically summoning it all up. "That means if we give Demons Mujika's blood, then we can create Demons that don't degenerate without eating humans." said Emma, a hopeful tone in her voice.

Ray lightly shook his head, saying: "She probably had something like that in mind, but it obviously didn't work out." "Something must've happened that caused her and Sonju to hide, to wander around." added (Y/N), leaning onto more against Ray. He placed an arm around her, his eyes still fixed on Norman, who began talking.

"After that, sharing that girl's power with the village and surrounding communities, she rid them of their hunger, and helped them escape being wiped out. Before long, those Rumors had started to spread to the king and nobility, and they conducted an investigation."

He took a short break from talking, leaning back in his seat. "'If their power is genuine, we should be able to use it to control our people's hunger.' 'They could also be helpful for the future of the farms.' they said. And so, the royal family and five regent homes captured all who were connected to that girl. They killed all who possessed that blood, and ate them."

The other three kids' eyes widened at that statement of his. Emma spoke up first, voicing the question they had all been thinking of. "Huh...? Why?" Norman answered almost immediately. "They were afraid of the power in that girl's blood."

He covered his mouth with his hand, saying: "But now I see... In the records, although it said that she was eaten and killed at that time, she escaped and lives on..." Ray spoke up: "But if that's the case, then Sonju wasn't originally a Demon without the need to eat humans. He most likely used Mujika's blood to avoid degenerating and survive, right? Also, the current royal family and five noble families, they're 'exceptions', the same as Mujika."

"Exactly." said Norman, adding: "Giran also knows of that. And for that reason, wished to kill and eat the royal family and five regent homes. That's why Giran wants to completely eradicate the king and nobility."

"Then, your plan already included those known 'exceptions', huh?" noted (Y/N), to which Norman said: "Yes. This plan still won't run into any difficulty. The nobility is limited in number, so we can deal with them directly. As opposed to eliminating their food source, and forcing them to degenerate. Therefore, in this case, we don't need to worry about your concerns for the plan collapsing. What's more dangerous than them is-"

"Hey, wait!" called Emma, cutting Norman off, gaining the attention of the others. With a slightly panicked expression, she said: "I don't get this at all! Why? Why did the royal family and nobility eat Mujika's comrades?"

The others kept quiet, listening to her little rant. "Wouldn't they be able to find a solution to their hunger? There was nothing to be scared of. With Mujika's power, they'd be able to save even more Demons."

"If they just used their blood, even now, the Demons won't have to worry about degenerating anymore. Their need to eat humans... It could disappear-" she said, only to have Ray cut her off. "Because they were in the way."

"Huh?" She looked at him, confusion written all over her face. Sighing softly, (Y/N) said: "You're far too nice to think of something like this, Emma." Ray said: "It's just like (Y/N) had said, the hierarchy would collapse."

Emma seemed to understand only little of what her friends said, so Ray explained it to her. "The royalty holds control of the supply of human meat from the plantations. They decide when, and just how much human meat is granted, further widening the gap between them. Now, they're able to rule the Demon world as they please."

(Y/N) continued: "To royalty such as that, if it can stop the need for the plantations, for their might, then Mujika's power is in the way. That's why they caught them all, killed them, and kept that power to themselves."

Ray began thinking out loud: "Then perhaps, it could be that these guys forged the 'promise' for the sake of cutting their losses. More than the issue of a truce with humans, a society where they can control and manage human meat by themselves would be more convenient in lots of ways."

"That's..." trailed Emma off, trying to get all of the newly found information into her head. "Emma." said Norman, making her look at him. "This shouldn't be surprising. Everyone is acting based on their own best interests. Of course not everyone. But this is the world. Not everyone thinks with such a kind attitude like you, Emma."

He looked down at his hands, saying: "And more importantly, we'd better be on the lookout for 'Mujika' and 'Sonju'." Those few words caused (Y/N) to look up at him, her expression showing just a tiny bit of mistrust.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/829577193873416825/