18

3rd Person Pov:

The five other children looked at Don as he said: "It's a way to communicate with the outside, and find Conny and the other's whereabouts. We might be able to find some clues!" "But could we get in there so easily?" asked Gilda. "Even if it's difficult, we have to do it!" "Hold on. There's no merit in going that far." said Ray. "Even if it's a communication method, it's most likely only connected to headquarters. And Mama doesn't know where our siblings were sent. It's not even an issue of finding clues. And if we're careless, our tracking devices could give away our position." "Yeah. We don't know the security of that room." said (Y/N). "It's too dangerous." they both said at the same time, looking at each other. "But-" tried Don, to no avail. "We're saying that the risk overwhelmingly outweighs the merit." explained Ray. Norman said: "That's right. For now, be careful of the Sister. Don't dig your grave with a foolish move." "Exactly. I have Mama under control, but we're doomed if the Sister finds out. Keep that in mind when you act." (Y/N) watched her younger siblings closely, especially Don. Ray asked: "Don, can you go ahead to prepare for dinner? If someone doesn't go, Mama will-" "I know." He then left the room with Gilda following him. (Y/N) stood up and walked towards the door. "Hm? What's wrong?" asked Emma. (Y/N) opened the door, saying: "I'll help with the dinner. You tell them." With that, she left the room.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Do you really intend to go in?" asked Gilda. Don answered: "I can't stay calm like them. And I want to know the real Mama." Gilda thought for a second before nodding. I looked around the corner, watching as they entered Mama's office. Before Gilda could close the door, I put my arm in between the still open space. "Huh?!" She took a step back and watched as I got in, closing the door behind me. "Wh-What? (Y/N)?" I nodded at her, saying: "You would've checked that room out anyway, so I want to see it, too, at least." I smiled at them as Don nodded. "But... You said it wouldn't be worth it." noted Gilda. I nodded again, shrugging. "I know, but..." I shook my head. "Just search for that door." I'd rather... Than see any other of you get shipped out. I'd rather get shipped out myself. We walked up to the bookshelve, examining it. "There's a hidden door behind here." said Don, starting to push and pull on the shelve. "How is this thing put up?" He continued to try it while I looked at it more closely. Gilda watched the door as Don suddenly punched the shelve, making me take a step back. "Is there even one here? Damn it! I need to hurry and go save her as soon as possible!" I put a hand on his shoulder, saying: "Wait. I figured it out." He took a step back, watching as I looked up at the shelve. I pushed it back a bit, then slid it out of the way. And there it was. Right in front of us. The door. But surely, it'd be locked, right? "Let's go." said Don, trying to open the door. "It's locked." he said. Just then, we heard the sound of the door opening. It slowly opened as my eyes widened. I-Is it over...? Don pulled me behind him, trying to save me. I closed my eyes, expecting the worst. "Phil?" asked Gilda and Don at the same time. That was followed by Phil saying: "I'm playing hide-and-seek with Naila and Eugene." We all sighed and I took a step to the side, smiling at Phil. "I see." said Gilda.

3rd Person Pov:

"So..." started Ray. "What we need to investigate now is..." continued Emma. "Outside." finished the three of them together. Ray then said: "We know most of what we need to about the House." Norman said: "The training is going well. The tracking devices can be broken. We just need..." "...to get intel on the outside, and if we can outmaneuver the adults here, we can definietely clear the wall." Emma said: "Next is checking out an escape route." "So this escape has three steps. One, get over the wall and escape. Two, get away from this farm safely. Three, establish a way to survive outside and become self-reliant. Currently, we have hope of accomplishing the first step. Next is the second step. We need to focus on the outside. Evade the pursuers and get away from the farm safely. We need to examine and prepare for that." explained Norman. Ray said: "First, we need information about the area around the farm." Emma chimned in: "Oh, when I climbed up the tree, I saw a forest beyond the wall." "Those are the things we need to properly check." said Ray in a harsh tone. "We should look into it as soon as tomorrow." said Norman, gaining the attention of the other two. "Yeah. Hey, can I talk about another thing having to do with when we get outside?" asked Emma. Norman looked at her with a surprised face as she said:" I have someone I want to introduce."

"The person I want to introduce is..." Emma got a book down, showing the very first page to Norman. "this person." Norman read the name out loud: "William Minerva-san?" "Yep." "Who's he?" "I don't know. What I do know is that he's the previous owner of that book. But he could be someone who's on our side." "What do you mean?" "This person has been conveying a certain message through books. And not just one book. Through many of them!" "Wait." interfered Ray, getting the attention of Emma and Norman. He asked: "Shouldn't we wait for (Y/N) to look at this?" Emma shook her head, answering: "No. She was the one that told me about Minerva. She already figured that he most likely is on our side."

(Y/N) Pov:

Don turned the key and we heard the sound of it unlocking. I looked at both of them before opening the door, stepping into the dark room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/697495061019185732/