93

3rd Person Pov:

The children quickly began to shoot at Andrew, who retreated after shooting a few times himself. "Chris!" called (Y/N), her eyes wide. Chris had been shot, the bullet hitting the side of his head as it flew by them.

She teared up as she quickly wiped some of his blood away, saying: "Chris! Chris, don't die!" Gillian said: "That guy was wearing a bulletproof vest." Lanni and Thoma checked on the two children that were shot first, saying: "No way..." "These two are dead..."

"Can you hear me, dear cattle children?" asked Andrew, more of his men arriving. "Im Andrew. And I've come to kill you all. I know you're still there. It's useless to hide. This past year and nine months I've sought out your one and only remaining 'supporter' and taken care of him."

The children kept quiet, contemplating their options. This was looking seriously bad for them. "So of course we have known the exact location of this shelter. We even knew all about the internal structure. The exits are already locked down. Today, right here, you all will die. That's all there is to it. Now please come out quietly. If you do that, I'll make it painless." stated Andrew, ready to shoot as soon as a child would come into view.

(Y/N) handed Chris to Emma, saying: "T-Take care of him." She nodded, watching as (Y/N) stood back up, her expression unreadable. Meanwhile, Gilda let the children in the back know what was going on.

Ray Pov:

Seriously, what do we do here? These guys came here with genuine killing intent. There's no way they're even thinking of capturing us alive. While this is going on, they're pinching us... No, they're probably setting up for a siege.

There are eight enemies and three exits. Counting the people in front of us, there are a maximum of 5-6 more approaching. That means it'll be 5-6 men attacking us? But is there any other way out of this? We need to decide what to do.

I turned to look at (Y/N), who was staring at the ground, thinking about our situation, too. This is bad. We have little to no options left but to fight them. But even then, the outcome probably won't be in our favour.

I took (Y/N)'s hand in mine, saying: "Shit. At this rate..." "I know." she said, looking up at me. My eyes widened slightly at the sharp look on her face. "I know. I know that this is bad. But it can't end here. We promised these children freedom." she said, her (e/c) eyes staring right into my dark green ones.

"(Y/N)..." I trailed off. She lightly shook her head, saying: "We need to get away from here." "Yeah." I said, turning to face Emma. Before I could say anything to her, she yelled: "We never planned on breaking the promise! We found the 'seven walls' and we were going to reforge the promise!"

She took a deep breath, continuing: "We won't be a bother to the human world. There won't be any reason for them to fight us! All of us just want to protect our natural, everyday lives!" "The seven walls?" asked that Andrew.

"I see. So all of you found the seven walls, huh? Moreover, you've already reached the stage where you're able to reforge the promise?" "That's right! That's why-" tried Lanni, but Andrew cut him off by saying: "It doesn't matter. That's not how this works."

What? (Y/N) took a step back, gritting her teeth. "Rather, that being the case, I definitely have to kill you here. Even if the world would allow it. As long as the Ratri family keeps order, it will not come to be." stated Andrew.

That bastard...! "'Natural, everyday lives'? 'Protect them'? Don't get it wrong. From the very beginning, you all have never had anything like that. Everything has been a façade." he said, tossing something down to us.

"Gas! Close the fire door!" called Yuugo, and Violet quickly did so, the rest of us making sure that we didn't lose anyone. It hasn't even been that long. While we're bunkered down here, the enemy is surrounding us.

The exits are blocked. We have no positional advantage. How do we get away? Even if we don't know it at this moment... We need to find some way to get out of here!

(Y/N) Pov:

They know about the secret pathways. All of the exits are blocked off. If they find us, we're dead. We need to escape from here. But how do we do it? "Get back!" ordered Yuugo, all of us following his command. We started to make our way back.

The option with the best outcome for us would be... I looked at Ray. His expression told me that he was thinking about the same thing than me. I put my arms around his neck, pulling his face closer to mine.

He looked at me for a moment, his cheeks taking a light, red color. "We have to kill them." I said quietly, making him pause for a moment. "Yeah, if we don't, we're as good as dead." I nodded, closing my eyes.

"I never wanted to kill humans." I whispered, so that only he could hear me. "But if we have to, then I won't hesitate. I just want to protect our family." Ray said: "I feel the same. But they're human beings. We could probably do it, but for Emma, for most of our comrades, something like that is impossible."

The enemy has Armor. And they probably have night vision scopes, as well. And the gas on top of all that. Also, 60 people won't be able to move around quickly. They have the advantage in mobility. Just one mistake will cause us to die.

I placed my forehead on Ray's, saying: "With Yuugo's help, we could make it." "Are you sure you can do it?" he asked, making me chuckle lightly. "I am. We already lost two lives. And Chris was badly hurt, too. We have no other choice. It's either them or us." I answered.

"(Y/N)! Ray! Emma!" called a voice I easily recognized. I looked over to Oliver. With him was Rossi. Ray and I quickly went over to them, with me asking: "Rossi, are you alright? Where's Lucas?"

He was panting, answering: "He's okay. He'll meet us later. He broke the monitors and he also took down an enemy." Lucas already... That's seven left.

"Here." said Rossi, handing Ray some sort of device. It looked like a radio. A communication device? "I heard it. They were giving orders while I was on the way here." He then repeated the exact words he had heard.

"It's me. Can you all hear this? The targets are currently retreating east from the first emergency exit. Surface team, keep alert at the second emergency exit. North and south corridors, as well as the west central end, move out. All units begin to surround them."

"In other words, the enemies current position is..." trailed Ray off. I said: "One person at the regular entrance. One in the monitor room, where Lucas is. One by the south corridor, two by the first emergency exit, and two by the second emergency exit. Which leaves one at the north corridor."

Emma, looking at us, said: "That means... We can make it!" "Nice job, Rossi! This is a huge help!" said Ray, patting his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/800444533766497949/