96

A short while ago:

Ray Pov:

We were nearing one of the hidden entrances, opening it. "Great. The self destruct system should be just around the corner." said (Y/N), entering the bunker. I quickly followed after her, closing the entrance right away.

(Y/N) turned to look around a corner, motioning for me to follow. I silently did so, never once loosening the grip I had on my rifle. If worse comes to worse, I'll shoot. I'll protect you, (Y/N), no matter what. Because without you, I'd be damned.

She stopped, and I did the same. "Someone's there." she said, quickly hiding behind the wall. We each held our breaths, listening intently to the heavy footsteps. They vanished after a short while, and we continued our way.

I was about to open the entrance to the armory, as I was suddenly pushed back, hearing the sound of a gun being fired. My head hit the wall rather harshly, and I fell down, immediately noticing the extra weight that was on top of me.

My eyes were getting heavy as I looked at (Y/N), who was on top of me, the side of her head bleeding. She was unconscious, and I was about to black out, too. I tried to reach for my gun, but right before I managed, my vision went black. "(Y/...N)..."

Present:

3rd Person Pov:

Yuugo had quickly caught up with Lucas, running straight into two enemies. Instead of letting that stop them, Yuugo pulled out a second, smaller gun. He used both weapons, and Lucas used his, both of them shooting at all the enemies.

Andrew threw a grenade towards them, which only Lucas noticed. So, as quick as he could, he threw himself at Yuugo, covering him from the explosion. Parts of the tunnel broke down, covering them both.

One of the remaining men walked up to them, saying: "Confirming." "Don't drop your guard. First of all, keep your distance and shoot the head. Make certain to kill them." ordered Andrew over the device, being too far for him to hear him clearly. "Roger that." spoke the man.

Just a second later, he was shot by none other than Yuugo. Andrew immediately began shooting. Yuugo pulled Lucas with him, shooting at the enemy while he did so.

Then, his handgun ran out of ammo. He gritted his teeth, dropping it and picking up his pace. "Only two left." he said into the device, now using both arms to support Lucas. "Lucas, Lucas! Stay with me!"

He calmed himself down, saying: "It'll be okay. That explosion wasn't as powerful as it looked just now. Those guys seemed to escape being buried alive as well. If we keep it up, we can rout the rest of these guys, and use the emergency exit with the two of us. So you should-"

Lucas cut him off by saying: "No... It's already useless for me. I think my insides are smashed up... And I can't move my body." Yuugo's eyes widened at what Lucas was saying. "Please... Leave me and go.If you do that, you'd be a difficult target. If you're alone, you can live on to-"

This time, it was Yuugo that cut him off. "Don't be an idiot. So then, I'll have left you again after running away that time fifteen years ago. Just how much I regretted doing that... That whole time, I cursed my existence."

He tightened his grip around Lucas, continuing: "The feeling of leaving you by yourself to die, the feeling of me alone living on, I hated it. Whether we live or die, we'll be together until the end: Nobody is going to be alone ever again."

Luca's eyes widened. Yuugo said: "Now, there are only two enemies remaining. The four of us can do this." "Four..." trailed Lucas off, a small smile on his face. Yuugo grinned, saying: "I got a message from them. (Y/N)'s hurt, but they're fine." "That's... What a relief." said Lucas, with Yuugo nodding. "Yeah."

(Y/N) Pov:

"We-We have to hurry." I said, trying to stand up. But it didn't work. I lost my balance once more, sitting on the floor again. Ray held a hand out to me, saying: "Here, I'll help you." I gladly took it, saying: "Thank you."

He eyed the side of my head, where I was bleeding. I had used my rifle to block the bullet that would've killed me. And as a result, the rifle hit my head quite hard, and I lost consciousness for a bit. Thankfully, Ray wasn't hurt. He just hit his head.

"I can't walk like this..." I trailed off, looking at the ground. Suddenly, Ray lifted me up, placing me onto his back. A light shade of red dusted my cheeks as I was too stunned to speak. "I'll carry you, then. Keep my back free for me." he said, making me grin, saying: "Of course."

And just like that, we had reached the armory, where the self destruct system was in. A ton of gunshots could be heard, which was a good sign. It meant that Yuugo and Lucas were still alive, too.

We made everything ready, just in time for the door to be slammed open. At first, I was scared, seeing that two men with the enemies uniform had appeared. But then, as one of them took off their mask, I felt at ease. "Yuugo, Lucas!" I called out, happy that they made it.

Yuugo turned around, saying: "You guys made it, too, eh?" We smiled lightly, then finished the preparations. "Oi, Lucas... You still alive? Lucas...?" he asked. I said: "Everything's ready. We can go now."

"What a wonderful storehouse of weapons. Surely, weapons totaling this number had to have been provided to you lot... How very foolish of you." My eyes widened at the sudden voice. Andrew.

He stood by the door, his weapon ready to shoot, looking at Yuugo and Lucas, then at Ray and me. "If you would have just left this one behind, you would have possibly been able to make it to the weapons room and put up a struggle against us. But I guess you don't even have the strength to hold a gun anymore. What an absolutely ridiculous error in judgement."

He then turned to look at us again, and Ray immediately stood in front of me, glaring at him. "You two are still alive? My men did a horrible job, then. Let me correct that." said Andrew, about to shoot.

"Hey! Want to know what, the only fool here is you." said Yuugo, drawing Andrew's attention away from us and onto him. "Emma and the kids are going to change the world. Even if you kill us now, that's not going to change." began Yuugo.

"No matter how much you look down on cattle, they will bring an end to that 1'000 year system of yours. That rotten world, too. Just you watch!" Andrew said: "Keep on howling. After you, I'm going to hunt down kill the rest of them. And that will be the end of it."

"Now!" I called out, starting to shoot at Andrew to gain distance. Yuugo got up, taking Lucas with him. Ray and I took cover, watching how Yuugo made it out. "I'm about to get reckless." I said, reloading my gun. "I trust you. Do what you have to." he said, making me smile. "Ray, I love you." I said, which caused him to blush lightly. "I love you, too, (Y/N)."

With that, I pulled out the special gun, the one I used to distract Leuvis. I changed to the blend grenade bullet, firing it at Andrew. It exploded, causing him to lose his sight for a bit. We took that chance, running out of the armory, after Yuugo and Lucas.

We managed to get out, and I panicked, calling: "Run! We have five seconds!" Ray took my hand in his, picking up his pace, pulling me with him. Yuugo carried Lucas with him, and we managed to get a bit away from the bunker.

Then, it exploded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/626352260653861472/