121

Hello, everyone!

I accidently made this chapter longer than usual :)

I was so into writing this that I didn't watch the word count, I guess

Anyways, you guys won't mind, right?

Well then, enjoy this chapter, and thank you so much for reading!!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

Sighing, I leaned my head onto Yuugo's shoulder, saying: "And I don't want Norman to hurt Mujika and Sonju. That's why I kinda blew up at him. Ah, maybe I should go and apologize..." "Yeah, no. He got what he deserved." said Yuugo, taking a sip of his tea.

Lucas nodded, saying: "While I do understand his point, it's unreasonable to kill those two, even if they're Demons." "Just what I'm saying." I said, closing my eyes. The argument was really exhausting. I've never really been in a fight with Norman before. This is... This doesn't feel right. I want to make things up with him.

"If you ask me, he'll probably rethink everything. Getting into an argument with you of all people is quite the achievement. I don't think I've ever seen you getting mad before. Besides, you're really not lacking in the brain compartment, so he'll definitely be careful around you." noted Yuugo, to which Lucas nodded.

Lucas added: "I think so, too. From what I've heard up until now, that Norman is far smarter than any of the others. However, I was also told that you're a close second. Ray even said you have a good chance at becoming smarter than him."

I thought for a moment, then sighed once more, feelings my cheeks heating up at the many compliments I was getting. Even Ray said that? "I'm not so sure about that. Norman is incredible. Without him, we never could've escaped. And Ray would've burned himself to death back at-" I said, stopping midsentence.

"But without me..." I muttered, realizing something. "Without me, he probably wouldn't have managed to get Ray to switch sides so easily. Without me, after he got shipped out, the plan couldn't have worked the way it did. Without me... I..."

My eyes widened for a moment as I realized that I was indeed his ace. The last trick up his sleeve. His ultimate weapon. I looked at Lucas, then as Yuugo, determination practically radiating off of me.

"I want to beat Norman at his own game."

Yuugo grinned at me, patting my head, saying: "There you go, kid! Just what I was waiting for!" Lucas chuckled, saying: "I've never met that Norman guy, but I had the pleasure of meeting you, (Y/N). And if anyone could earn the title of the smartest, I'd bet everything on you."

"Thank you, Lucas, Yuugo." I said, smiling at both of them. Now I know what to do. Once Ray and Emma are done talking to Norman, I'll go talk to him once more. But this time, we'll be alone. I'll tell him that I'll be fighting him on even terms from now on.

I took my cup of tea, taking the last sip of it. "I'm guessing they'll be done talking in about 20 minutes. Until then, is it alright if I stay here?" I asked, looking at both of them. Lucas chuckled, saying: "Sure, we don't mind at all." "Thank you." I replied, grinning.

Time skip: half an hour later