133

3rd Person Pov:

"Our offering to 「 」. Allow us to now present our very best harvest. Please do accept it." said the queen, rising her glass of human blood. The Tifari had just begun, and the royal Demons were ready for it.

Each held a jar filled with blood, and a flower. They then placed the flower into the blood, watching as it began to bloom, changing its color from a pure white to a deep red. The queen said: "Here's to our eternal prosperity."

Suddenly, a loud sound was heard, followed by Demons panicking. All of the bridges made to enter the Demon city had exploded, leaving no way out for anyone. "What?!" "What happened?!" asked some guards, stopping in their tracks in order to get an overview of the situation.

However, they didn't get very far, as Barbara had jumped in between them, easily killing them with her weapon. Over the communication device that they were wearing, Cislo said: "We've infiltrated the west side of the castle and taken down the lookouts. Over."

Barbara, grinning from ear to ear, said: "Same for the east side! We really gave it to them. Over." Vincent looked at the screen he was holding, absentmindedly saying: "I've just gained control of their security network. Now, I think this should be enough. Come right on in, honorable Giran clan." And just like that, the bloodshed began.

(Y/N) Pov:

We were running around the Demon city, dressed in our Demon attire, moving around so carefully that we wouldn't cause suspicion. "The festival... It's already started." noted Emma, looking at the celebrating Demons.

I nodded, saying: "Seems like it. But we could still make it." "I wonder if Oliver's group is okay." "They'll be fine. I fully trust Oliver." I answered, smiling under my mask. Emma nodded subtly, then looked to the side, where we could see the castle.

Ray spoke up first. "Norman is most likely at the Tifari assembly hall inside of that castle." "We need to hurry." stated Emma, and we were ready to move on. Suddenly, an explosion went off near us, causing us to turn around to face it.

In that moment, another explosion went off, right next to us. The impact caused us to stumble, Emma and I even falling to the ground. Ray was standing further away, so he was fine. Emma lost her mask in the fall, quickly standing back up.

I adjusted my mask a little, then got up, too, starting to process what had just happened. "This is... horrible." I muttered out, looking at the destroyed part of the city, which was so lively and joyful just a moment ago.

Children were crying, others were trying to rescue their friends and family, while some had already lost their lives. "I-I don't like this." I said, slowly shaking my head at the sight in front of us.

Ray turned to look at me, taking off his mask. "It's... Ray?! Emma, and (Y/N), too?!" called a voice I easily recognized. I took off my mask, too, spinning around. Emma asked: "Don, and Gilda? You're here?!"

She then trapped them both in a hug, saying: "I'm so glad!" It was then that I noticed Ayshe behind them. I quickly approached her, quietly saying: "Ayshe, I'm so happy to see you. How has it been?"

She glanced over at Hayato, then whispered: "We found them." My eyes widened as I looked to where she was motioning. "That's... Sonju, Mujika!" I said, a bright smile on my face. I literally jumped at them, giving them both a tight hug, saying: "We finally get to see you again! I'm so relieved that you're alright..."

Mujika chuckled, saying: "Yes, we are. And we heard of what you did for us. Thank you, (Y/N)." "You're quite the brave soul, I give you that." added Sonju, placing his hand onto my head. I smiled at them, my cheeks taking a bright red color at the compliments.

Emma stepped closer to us, then threw her arms around Mujika. She hugged her, tearing up. "It's okay. Thank you. All for the sake of us Demons..." trailed Mujika off, to which Emma said: "We're absolutely going to stop Norman."

"By the way, Emma. You, (Y/N), and Ray being here means that you did it?" asked Don, a hopeful expression on his face. Emma nodded once, saying: "Yup! We forged a promise with 「 」!" Hearing that, Don and Gilda both cheered, with Gilda taking both of Emma's hands in her own.

I spoke up. "The fulfillment is being put on hold for now. Just as planned." "That's great to hear! I'm so glad that everything turned out like this!" replied Gilda, smiling at me. "What about Oliver's group? They said they'd escort you with horses, but... Did they all go back?" asked Don.

"Actually, we came across a Demon army on our way here." I said, now serious again. "What?" "They went to inform the others, so everything should be fine. Besides, knowing Norman, he won't let them find the hideout." I assured her. Gilda hesitated, then nodded, saying: "Alright."

Emma said: "We need to hurry now, since we got here a little late. But this works out just fine. Since we were able to meet up with you..." "But there's one more cause for concern." stated Ray, showing them a piece of paper.

"What is this letter? Norman's handwriting... Ah!" said Gilda, gasping as she read what was written on it. Ray said: "This is the recipe for a 'poison' that Norman made." He then looked at me, nodding, basically telling me to continue.

I returned his nod, adding: "Norman is most likely planning to use the poison on the royalty, and the Demons outside of the castle. So the first thing he's planning to do is wiping out the Demons in the royal capital."

"Nothing has happened yet, but with Norman, he definitely already has it set up. If something happens before we make it back, I want to mitigate the damage as much as possible. And now that Mujika and Sonju are here, that become even more possible. Probably." he said, looking over at our Demon friends.

Emma said: "All of our lives should be a top priority, of course. If things start to look even a little dangerous, escape right away." Sonju approached Emma, saying: "Emma, take out your hand." She did as told, and Sonju handed her something.

"What's this?" "It's a transmitter. I took it from him and his comrades." answered Sonju, pointing at Hayato, who was quietly standing at the side, just watching us. "Once you get inside the castle, if you need help, call us with that. We'll come running right away." said Sonju.

Don placed some sort of communication device in his ear, saying: "If you push it, it makes a sound and we'll know your current location." "Then, if anything happens, I'll notify you with morse code." replied Ray.

Mujika held her hand up, saying: "Leave the outside of the castle to us. But if you guys are in trouble, just say something." I smiled at her, saying: "We will, thank you. Please be careful." "You, too. Don't overdo yourselves." she replied.

"Thanks. We'll be off, then!" called Emma, both me and Ray already placing our masks back onto our faces. Right before we went on our next mission, Gilda called: "Ah, Emma, (Y/N)! There's one more thing."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

www.pinterest.co.kr/pin/711991022340852200/