6

(Y/N) Pov:

 "What do you mean?" I walked next to Ray, saying: "We... Don't know what the outside world is like." Ray continued: "But there's a place we're getting shipped to. Because there's a farm, that should give you an idea. What waits outside is a demon's society. There is no place for humans to live." Emma took a sharp breath as Ray said: "So it's impossible. If we take everyone, we'll all die." He put a hand on her shoulder, saying: "We leave them behind. That's the best option." She closed her eyes before saying: "No way." Ray took a step back and I smiled lightly. "Even if it's impossible, I want to escape with everyone. Let's figure it out." "Huh?!" "I don't want all of us to die. But there's no option to leave them behind. I want Conny to be the last. I don't want anyone to end up like that ever again. If there isn't one, then let's make a place for humans to live outside. Let's change the world." That's what I always liked about her. Why I envy her. "I understand now, thanks to you, Ray, (Y/N). That's the kind of prison break we have to do. I'm not giving up on this. Because I've decided." She grabbed Ray and said: "So, Ray, you're the one who has to give up. Stop jabbering around and help us!" He pulled away from her as Norman started laughing. Ray said: "Hey, Guardian, how can-" "We'll escape with everyone, no matter what! Or else I won't do it! I won't! I won't!" yelled Emma. "Do something about that idiot! She's unreasonable." Norman said: "I know, right? But I'm glad she's so cheerful." Emma walked off, probably trying to sort her thoughts. "I wanted for you to stop her! Or you three are going to die. You knew that from the very start, huh?" Something in me clicked. Something that made me look at Ray. I can't put my finger on it, but... I don't like this feeling. I watched him as Norman said: "Emma and (Y/N) were crying." Ray's expression changed quickly into a... worried one? "That night, I thought they were crying because they were scared. But I was wrong. I was scared of dying. But those two were crying because they were scared of their family dying." Ray looked at me, meeting my gaze. "Isn't that amazing? They think of protecting others in that situation." "But it's not the correct thing. It's a boat made of mud! And it's just us four, right? If it's just us, we can escape. You're correct, and you shouldn't feel ashamed. Don't distort your decision based on emotions, Norman!" "It's not that, Ray. I also want to make a boat of mud." "Huh? Why? Aren't you different? You're more cool-headed, and you always take the best option. So, why?" Ray pulled Norman by his collar. Norman calmly answered: "Because I like her. I like Emma, so that's why I want her to always be smiling." "You're crazy." said Ray, letting him go. "And what if Emma dies because of it?" "I won't let her die. That's why I'm going to utilize myself. Luckily, I've always managed to accomplish what I set out to do. And if you bake mud, it'll become a vessel. A boat made out of mud won't necessarily sink." Ray looked at me. I smiled a little at him, knowing what he's going to say. I said: "I... I want to make up for it. For sending everyone off with a smile. Even tough I know that it's practically impossible, I... Want to save everyone, too. We'll make it possible. You'll help us, right?" "You're nuts." said Ray, not breaking eye contact. "Maybe." I said with a smile. Norman said: "Emma, (Y/N), and I are insane. We've completely lost it. You can't let us do this on our own, right?" Ray smirked, saying: "Damn it. Of course I can't." I smiled, hugging him. "Let's do this." I said. Suddenly, we heard the bell. "Norman. Ray. (Y/N). We still have free time left, don't we?" asked Emma. "I wonder what it is." said Ray. The four of us then started to run towards the sound.

As we got there, I had to push everything away. All of my thoughts, all of my emotions. Otherwise... I would've broke out crying. "Let me introduce her." said Mama. I stared in complete shock, but didn't let anybody notice it. "This is your newest little sister, Carol." Mama said, looking at the child in her arms. She had orange hair and blue eyes. I would've been somewhat happy, if there wasn't the person standing next to Mama. "And this is Sister Krone. She's here to help me." Sister Krone smiled sweetly at all of us. "A-An adult?" asked Emma silently. "Another enemy." said Norman. I nudged his side, making him look at me. I gave a big smile, like I usually would. He understood what I meant and smiled, too, which caused Emma to understand the situation, too. Ray, however, stayed calm like always. That's something I admire... I could never be this calm, ever. "I will be living here with all of you starting today. It's nice to meet you." said Sister Krone. "It's nice to meet you." "Hello!" I smiled sweetly, saying: "W-W-Welcome in our House..." Emma and Norman were still freaking out a bit. I mean, I'm not even sure why I'm not screaming. This is... Bad, to say the least. 

"Please use this room." said Mama to Sister Krone. We stood on the stairs, watching closely. "Understood, thank you." replied Sister Krone. "She's settling down in a bad spot." said Ray. I nodded lightly, taking a step back behind him. I'm not good with strangers, even if they're kids... Emma said: "The center of the three children's rooms." "To make it easier for her to watch us..." said Norman. I put my arms around one of Ray's, saying: "I-I don't like this very much..." He looked at me with soft eyes before patting my head lightly, reassuring me. Then, Mama and Sister Krone turned to look at us. We smiled like usual, not planning to give us away to them. No... We'll definitely make it before the next shipping. I tightened my grip around Ray's arm, closing my eyes in thoughts. I... We have to save them. All of them. I then looked at Ray. Everyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/688980442979654762/