36

I just wanted to say that I'm sooo hyped for the new season!!

And the opening teaser... It's so amazing!

I can't wait for the new season!!!!

By the way, merry Christmas to you guys♡

But now, let's continue this book, right?

Enjoy^^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

I looked at her with wide eyes. "Me? A Mama?" I asked, clearly surprised. Mama smiled at me, cupping my face with her hands. Sister Krone did mention that this would probably happen, but it still surprised me. "Yes. Emma denied my offer. What about you, (Y/N)?" I thought for a bit. Sure, becoming a Mama means that I'd have to send innocent children to their deaths. But at the end of the day... I'd be alive. Emma already denied, and Ray... "What about Ray, then?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Mama answered: "Only girls can become a Mama or a Sister." She gently stroke one of my cheeks, saying: "You'd have a goal to achieve, you'd get a child of your own, and the most important thing is that-" I cut her off: "I'd be alive, I know." "I knew you'd get it a lot faster than Emma. So, what do you say?" I looked into her violet eyes, making the decision in my head.

As soon as I made the deal with Mama, I went into the kitchen and drank a glass of cold, fresh water. Then, I went into the library. I took a step in and was immediately greeted by someone asking: "What are you doing here so late?" I looked up from the ground, meeting a pair of dark green eyes. I silently walked towards him, sitting down on the floor next to him. He put his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I said: "I just can't sleep." "Neither can I." said Ray, placing his head on my shoulder. "But maybe I can try..." he mumbled, already closing his eyes. I smiled a little, saying: "Yeah. This time, I won't leave your side." I watched the stars through the window for a while. "Ray?" I asked silently. "Hm?" he hummed weakly. "Thank you." "For what...?" he asked in a sleepy voice. He's just too cute sometimes. I caught myself blushing but said: "F-For always being there for me. For caring about me. I really needed that. But now it's my turn. As much as I can rely on you, you can rely on me, okay?" "Mhm... Thank you, (Y/N)." I smiled, putting my head on top of his. "Good night, Ray..." "Good night, (Y/N)..." With that, I closed my eyes, starting to fall asleep.

3rd Person Pov:

The next few weeks have been the same. Emma sat under a tree, with children worrying about her. Isabella watched her sometimes, making sure she didn't do anything. And from that one night on, Ray and (Y/N) always stayed together. Most of their time was spent in the library, reading books and drawing. Every time someone would go into the library, they'd see the two of them sitting next to each other, back to back, or (Y/N) on Ray's lap. Isabella kept her eyes on them, too. She thought it was kind of cute that they spend the rest of Ray's time together.

That's right. The time flew by and it was only one more day, rather night, until Ray turned 12. That meant that he didn't even have 24 hours left to spend with everyone, with (Y/N).

Ray sat on the floor of a big room, with (Y/N) on his lap. Both of them read the same book, while Ray was humming the lullaby that (Y/N) loved so much. "Ray. (Y/N)." said Emma, approaching the two. They both turned their heads to look at her. She asked: "What are you two doing at this hour?" Ray answered: "It's my last night, so I'm saying goodbye to the House." "Ray, it's your birthday tomorrow, right?" "Yeah, tonight's the last night. Tomorrow, it's goodbye." He tightened his embrace around the (h/c) haired girl. The fact that he was going to die in less than a day hurt (Y/N) so much. She never wants to say goodbye to him. She never wants to leave his side ever again. She just wants to stay with him. Emma approached them, and Ray asked: "Hey, Emma. Did you really give up?" He and (Y/N) both stood up, Ray taking (Y/N)'s hand. (Y/N) said: "You never gave up, right?" Emma answered that question with a smirk of hers.

(Y/N) Pov:

"I've been thinking this whole time." said Emma after a long moment of silence. "What should I do for Norman's sake? The answer is... to do nothing. Mama told me... to give up and free myself of the pain. But... I will never, ever give up. I won't let Norman die in vain. And you, Ray?" I smiled lightly as Ray said: "So we're always thinking the same thing in the end." "Let's run away, Ray. I came here to talk about that." "I wanted to talk to you, too. These past two months, we couldn't really talk since we were worried about Mama watching us." "Yeah. I didn't want Mama to figure out our true intentions." "True intentions?" I said: "Mama is very careful. Even though none of us was doing anything, she never once stopped watching us." "But we could use that against her." stated Emma. "If she's watching me, I could keep her eyes away from people other than me." "Don and Gilda, huh?" said Ray, getting what she was talking about. "Yeah. I left everything to them. Training for the escape, and all other preparations." "How far along are you?" "Everything is ready. Supplies, food, and warm clothing. We can escape anytime." "That's pretty good. Now, how will you run away?" "I thought about that a lot and never came up with a plan that could've worked." "Then..." "It took me some time, but I managed to come up with something that would work." I said. Ray looked at me with a surprised expression and I smiled at him. Yeah, I managed. If we escape, I didn't fail completely. Emma said: "Let's run away tomorrow afternoon, before you get shipped out." "Wait. It's reckless to go out during the day. The situation's different from before." said Ray, raising a hand to stop Emma from talking. "We should leave at night when it's easier to hide. Hear me out. Sit." The three of us each took a seat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.deviantart.com/seiini/art/TPN-I-Ray-844472539