105

(Y/N) Pov:

"So that's..." trailed Anna off, looking up at the large building. Hayato nodded, saying: "Right, it's the farm." "What about the security?" I asked, averting my eyes from the building to Hayato.

"Don't worry. It's a low-grade mass-producing plantation, so security is weak. There are few Demons. They rely on machines. Just avoid the cameras and sensors, and we won't be seen." he explained, making me nod, signalling that I understood this information.

He then added: "However, I ask you to be as quiet as possible once we're in there. The cameras respond to sound. And as soon as they spot us, the Demons will come after us with all they got." "Got it." said Emma, confidence basically radiating off of her. "Well, then. Please follow after me." said Hayato, opening a hidden entrance.

After we were inside, we were met with something that resembled a sewerage. Everything was dirty, and the smell was horrible. Luckily, there was a pathway we could use without having to step into that gross water.

Stopping in front of a hole in the wall, Hayato said: "The way gets steep from now on. Be careful." Ah, I really don't want to go in there. But this isn't about me. This is to safe Chris. Hayato went in first, then Emma, Anna, me, and Ray went last.

Anna suddenly slipped, gasping rather loudly. "Sorry." she said right after, causing me to smile softly. I said: "It's fine, don't even worry about it." She glanced back at me with a smile, saying: "Thank you."

As soon as we all made it out, Hayato said: "We're almost there." He showed us the way to some pipes, which we had to climb on to get closer to our goal, the medication.

Approaching a square hole on the ground, Hayato whispered: "We'll go down here. There's a camera to the right side. Keep it in mind. The medicine room is at the end of the corridor." Huh. He really does know everything about this farm.

How come he knows it in detail? Did he and Jin both infiltrate here before? Or are the farms just build the same? Whatever the answers are, I have to focus. If we mess this up, not only will we be in danger, but Chris might actually die.

3rd Person Pov:

"Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Nothing to report. Dammit... Nothing to do." said a Demon, sighing heavily. His co-worker, staring at the many, many security cameras in front of them, asked: "Ain't that a good thing?"

The other Demon said: "These days, they keep telling us to do extra work." "Yeah, something about thefts increasing or whatever. I heard another farm blew up, too." "So the brass wanna tighten security, eh." "Right, but that's what I'm telling ya. Why do we gotta be the ones doing all these patrols?"

Suddenly, their attention was focused solely on one of the cameras, where they saw a single human being, armed, shooting at a Demon that was patrolling. "H-Humans?!"

(Y/N) Pov:

"Run!" yelled Ray, looking back at us, his eyes meeting mine for a brief second. I tightened the grip on my gun, about to run after him, as the security alarm went off. I gasped, looking to where Ray had been just a few seconds ago.

"I'm going to help!" announced Hayato, adding: "Get the medicine and come back where we came from!" I looked over at Emma and Anna, then said: "Please be careful." Hayato nodded, then took off after Ray.

"Emma, (Y/N)..." trailed Anna off, her breathing heavy. Emma lost no time. Instead, she said: "Let's go, you two." Anna and I both nodded, and we continued our way, quickly discovering the medicine room.

I immediately took my gun into my hands, making sure to check the room around us. Emma, too, took her weapon, while Anna began searching for the right medicine. She didn't tell us what exactly we needed to look for, so she took that role upon herself.

"Here! On this shelf!" she said, gaining our attention. Emma quickly joined sides with her, climbing up the tall shelves to get to the mentioned medicine. "I'll go get it, so keep searching for more!" said Emma. "Right!" called Anna, immediately running off.

At this rate, we can do it. We only have a short amount of time thanks to Ray and Hayato. But if that time runs out... No, I shouldn't even think about it. I lightly shook my head, watching how Anna grabbed another bottle of medicine.

Ray Pov:

While running, I turned around, shooting the masks off of the two Demons that were following me. As I was about to turn a corner, I saw Hayato there, yelling: "Sir Ray!" "Huh? Hayato?! Why are you here?" I asked, continuing to run, with him joining my side.

He answered: "I thought that you might not know the way, so I came rushing to you!" "Idiot! You should be protecting the girls!" I replied, making him visibly tense up.

"No... That's exactly what I'm doing." he said, catching me off guard. No, he's... he's right! "In order to protect those three, we must not get caught. We need to lead them around for as long as we possibly can!"

This guy... "You're seriously trembling." I noted, to which he smiled nervously, saying: "Well, this is seriously scary!" "Thanks for the help!" I said, turning around and shooting one of the Demon's in the eye, killing it instantly.

"You're a good guy. Let's make sure we all get out of here safely." I said, looking over at him. He smiled, saying: "Leave the escape route to me. You can focus on the Demons." Nodding, I said: "Let's get their attention as much as we can and then leave!" "Right!" Then, he sped past me. Wait, he's- He's that fast?!

(Y/N) Pov:

We had finally managed to get all of the needed medicine and were now on our way out. Emma began climbing down a pipe, while Anna kept on glancing back. I smiled kindly at her, placing a hand onto her shoulder, saying: "Don't worry. As long as Hayato's with Ray, they'll be fine."

She looked like she didn't believe me, so I added: "Ray will protect Hayato. He would never let anything happen to the one he's protecting. And he definitely won't die just like that." Hesitating a little, Anna nodded, copying my smile, saying: "You're right. You know him best, after all."

We continued our way down the pipe, then through the hole in the wall. "Just a bit further and we're outside. Let's meet up with Ray and Hayato right away and head back." said Emma, opening the entrance we used to get in.

However, she immediately closed it again, yelling: "Get back! Run! Demon's are outside of-!" She was cut off by the entrance opening and a large hand reaching in. For a second, I had to register what was just happening.

As soon as I did, I pushed Anna back, away from the Demon's view, saying: "Stay quiet, no matter what." Not waiting for an answer, I grabbed my gun, calling out: "Emma!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/712342866040404655/