104

3rd Person Pov:

"Hey Jin, about how far from here is your hideaway?" asked Ray. Don asked: "Uhm, and what about the 'neck of the giraffe'? Is it near there?" "You mean 'the lion's jaw'?" asked Hayato back, slightly confused at their question.

At that, the Grace Field escapees perked up. Now they knew that this wasn't a trap, that they really did know about the lion's jaw. "No. That rock is just the halfway point. From there, the hideaway is about a two day walk. The exact location is unknown to all but a selected few within our group." answered Jin.

Smiling lightly, Ray said: "Sorry for doubting you. I'd like to ask you for some information." "Go right ahead." said Jin, smiling underneath his mask. "But is is okay? Taking outsiders like us directly to your hideout..." trailed Anna off, not wanting to trouble the two strangers, knowing that they could reach it on their own.

"Of course! It's what the boss wanted us to do. And because you are all our saviors!" said Hayato, smiling kindly at them. The younger children hugged him tightly, catching him off guard. "Thank you. I look forward to working with you." said Emma, smiling as she shook hands with Hayato.

After a bit of preparations, Emma and Yuugo checked up on Lucas and Chris. Yuugo checked on Lucas, while Emma wanted to make sure that Chris was alright. She gently placed her hand onto his forehead, her bright, green eyes widening.

"Chris? Chris!" she called out, worry written all over her face. Sandy quickly kneeled down next to them, doing a quick check up. "This is bad! Chris' conditio is suddenly changing! His breathing is shallow, his pulse, too! And he has a terrible fever!" he announced.

"Chris, hold out just a little longer, okay? I'm sure you can do it." said (Y/N), gently brushing a hand through his messy, dark blue hair. "This is bad..." trailed Zack off, gritting his teeth. "If this goes on, we won't be able to save Chris."

"No. No, he won't die. We-We'll make it to the hideout in time and treat him there!" said (Y/N), tightening her hands into fists. "Chris, you can't die here!" "(Y/N), calm down." said Oliver, placing a hand onto her shoulder.

She shook her head, saying: "No! I won't accept this!" "It's three days until we can get to Minerva. Until then... Until we can get him medicine... Chris' body won't be able to last. He might not even be able to survive until tomorrow morning..." trailed Zack off, closing his eyes.

"What...?" asked (Y/N), her eyes wide. "No, there- there has to be a way. Chris can't just- I don't-" She was starting to panic, her hands beginning to shake. Her breathing was getting heavy as she could do nothing but to stare right at her hands.

"(Y/N)..." trailed Oliver off, wanting to help her. But he knew that he couldn't. He knew that only one person could calm her down again. So, he stepped back, watching how Ray took both of her hands in his, leading her a bit away from the rest.

He placed a hand onto her cheek, saying: "(Y/N), calm down. You can't use your mind in this state." She took in a deep breath, saying: "I-I'm trying... But I- I can't. Chris is... He's..." Her breathing hitched as she began to tear up. Thinking quickly, Ray hugged her, trying his best to comfort her.

However, something that Hayato said next caught both of their attention. "There's another way. Don't give up." "Th-There is?" asked (Y/N), looking up at Ray in a questioning way. Hayato continued: "To save Chris, we need the plantation. There is a lone farm nearby. We can save Chris with the medicine that we'll steal from there."

"Infiltrating... a plantation?" asked Emma, not sure if she heard him right. Hayato nodded, saying: "Yeah. There's a mass-production farm around 5 km west from this place. We've sneaked in there before to get some supplies. There were many kinds of medicine. I think they should have what Chris needs, too."

"So... He can be saved?" asked (Y/N), hope glistening in her eyes. Hayato simply nodded as answer. "Alright. Let's go." said (Y/N), taking Ray's hand in hers. "Great. If we leave right now, we can be back before sunset. We can save him." stated Hayato, a serious expression on his face.

"Is this really okay?" "There's no other option." "It's our best bet for Chris... But it's still a plantation, y'know?" asked the other children, having mixed feelings about the sudden change of plans.

(Y/N) said: "Of course it's okay. It makes sense. Minerva-san probably can't produce much medicine, so they take that and other things from the plantations." "I'm going, too, then." announced Emma, stepping forward.

"Okay. Ray, you coming?" asked (Y/N), looking up at him. He nodded, answering: "If you're going, then so am I." She smiled a little at his answer, then turned to face the other children.

"Jin, please stay here. If worst comes to worst, leave with everyone here before it gets fully dark." she asked, causing mentioned male to nod, saying: "Roger, ma'am!"

She then thought for a moment, saying: "Yuugo, you stay here, too. We're near a farm, so I want these kids to be safe." "If you say so." he replied, sighing. (Y/N) turned to look at the other children, seemingly deep in thought for a moment.

"Zack, you stay, too. Keep close watch on Chris for me, okay? Anna, mind coming with us?" she asked, causing some children to gasp. "Huh?!" "Anna?!" "What?" they asked, confused about the whole situation.

"What? Anna's never been out with us before. She-" tried Ray, but (Y/N) him off. "I know what you think. But leaving Zack here is the better option. He can take of Chris, Lucas, and Dominic. Besides, Anna learned a lot about medicine, right?"

Nodding, Zack admitted: "She's right. Anna knows more about medications than anybody. Am I right?" His question was directed at Sandy, who nodded, saying: "Yes! And not just medications, but everything related to healthcare. She's put a lot of effort into studying all that during this year. We can't compare."

Some kids had their eyes wide open, shocked at what they were hearing. "All for the sake of supporting her family. She learns incredibly fast and remembers everything... Her current level left even Lucas impressed!" explained Sandy.

Zack said: "With Anna there, even if they lack the proper medicine, she'll find a way." At that, Anna smiled, glad that her hard work has finally started to pay off.

Smiling lightly, (Y/N) said: "Oliver, I trust you to keep everyone safe. If anything happens, just make a run for it, okay?" "We'll be fine here. Please come back safely, too." he said, smiling a little.

Emma said: "Got it! We'll be back before sunset with the medicine, whatever it takes!" "Let's go, then." said Hayato, already starting to walk away. "See you soon!" the others called, waving them off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/850335973378256345/