79

Hello, everyone!!

I just wanted to thank you all for over 200k reads on this book.

200k... That's such a big number!!

Seriously, this is amazing!

I thank all of you for your support, votes, and comments!

It really, really means a lot to me that you guys are reading this <3

But now, have this chapter that, finally, includes our lovely emo boy again!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Violet Pov:

What just happened? How's he doing this? We did manage to kill Nouma, and he ate her. I don't get this. Why is he acting this strange? "That's it, dear... Make it hurt. Yes... I want them to suffer. Of course. All who killed me... One after another." said Nous, talking to himself.

It was terrifying. He had already injured Paula, Sonya, and Sandy. Now, he was lifting up Sandy, saying: "But there's still one left, Nous. Yes, Nouma, I know..." My breath hitched as I almost stumbled back, but managed to stay in my hiding spot.

Just what's the matter with him?! He's talking out loud alone as if Nouma was still with him. "Where are youuu?" he asked, sending shivers down my spine. Could it be that... No, no way. When he ate Nouma, he couldn't have... absorbed her, right? No, impossible.

But he's much stronger! Because he's angry? Or from eating her? Dammit! We were so sure we could take them on! Nous kneeled Sandy in the stomach, calling: "Here, come out! I'm almost killing him."

Bastard! Dam you to hell! He continued to hurt Sandy as I sank to the ground, gripping my rifle tightly. Think. I gotta do something. Right here, right now. If I don't kill him... But how?

Even if I'm far away, he can find us when we shoot. There's no time to run away. Even Sandy and the others couldn't! Damn it... Damn it... Damn it!

What the hell should I do?!

Suddenly, a hand found its way onto my shoulder, making me snap my head towards whoever had just touched me. For a second, it looked like Emma was here. But then I realized that it wasn't Emma, and that that person wasn't alone.

The boy held a finger in front of his lips, signaling me to be quiet. That's... Who are they? "Doesn't seem like your average pleasure hunt. Or did things change in these last 13 years?" asked the older one of them, glancing at Nous.

Who are they? These aren't game children brought for the hunt. And what's more... Those coats and gloves... The same ones that Emma, (Y/N), and Lucas had... These two can't be... The boy asked: "What's the situation? Explain and be quick about it."

I didn't respond, I just couldn't. I was way too shocked for a few seconds. However, he got a hold on both of my shoulders, shaking me lightly. "Hey! Get a hold of yourself! What's the situation?" he asked, and I was finally able to answer.

"This is an uprising. For humankind. We've put into motion a strategy devised throughout the past 13 years, by Lucas." As I said that, the taller man gasped lightly. I paid him no mind, continuing to explain our current situation.

"My squad has managed to down one of the monsters. However, if we don't kill the other one within two minutes, no, if we don't do it right now, then we'll lose. Lucas, (Y/N), all of us." The boy nodded once, saying: "Got it."

He turned to face the tall man, saying: "Change of plans. We're killing the hell out of that Demon." "Uh-" I started, not sure what to say to that. "Uh, sorry, but... Just like that? Don't you want to know more? About the-"

He cut me off by saying: "Well, it's obvious, isn't it? You chose your words carefully on the spot. And all of them were directly relevant. You know (Y/N) and Emma. They told you about us. And they joined the uprising. As far as you know, they're still alive."

"But-" I tried, but he continued: "If we don't defeat that thing soon, they'll be in danger." I was at a loss of words. This boy... I said almost nothing, and in the blink of an eye, he already... "But that aside, there are still two or three things we have to discuss." he told me.

3rd Person Pov:

"Hey, what-" started Ray, trailing off as Mister gripped his weapon, looking ready to kill. The tall man said: "Y'all taking way too long. Step back, kids. What matters now is to bring it down, innit?"

"Wait! Sniper shots don't work on that monster!" called Violet, a horrified expression on her face. She then said: "It's scarily fast even in normal situations, and right now, it's angry." "I know." stated the man, not daring to look away from the tall Demon.

Nous finally dropped poor Sandy to the ground, saying: "I think it's about time to off this one, Nouma... Yes, Nous, do it." The man got into a stance he could easily shoot Nous, concentrating on hiding his very presence.

Within the blink of an eye, he pulled the trigger, hitting the Demon right in the middle of its eye. "Nouma..." he breathed out, his body falling to the ground, lifeless. At that, Violet asked: "You did it! But... how?"

Leaning his weapon on his shoulder, the nameless man said: "You wanna be a sniper, kid, this is how you do it." He walked up to the two kids, asking: "And then? Where're Stutter and Shorty?"

Ray was quick to add: "He means (Y/N) and Emma." "They're-" she tried to answer, but another voice answered instead. "Emma got injured rather badly." They all turned to look at the white haired boy, a single strand of red in it.

Stepping closer to him, Ray asked: "What do you mean? And where's (Y/N)?" Oliver, instead of answering, asked: "You two are the ones they were talking about, right?" Gritting his teeth, Ray harshly grabbed him by his collar, asking: "What happened to them?!" in a rather loud, angered tone.

Oliver just stared at him, then finally answered: "Emma is with Lucas. He's treating her wound right now. And (Y/N) is about to face off with Archduke Leuvis." "What." said Mister, his question not even sounding like one.

His expression turned into one of anger as he asked: "You didn't just say that (Y/N)'s facing that bastard, right?" Oliver stepped back from Ray, who was staring at the adult, seeing as he had used her real name instead of a nickname, answering: "That was her choice."

"Tell me she's at least not alone there." To that, Oliver kept silent, making the nameless man tighten his grip on his weapon, saying: "We have to hurry."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/905082856333030119/