61

Can I just say that I'm really, really grateful for all of your comments?

Like, every day, when I get home from work, or even during my breaks, I look forward to reading your comments.

You guys really make my days a lot better, and I just want to thank you all again. I know I've been thanking you a lot, but to me, I can't thank you enough.

So, thank you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Walking into the dining room, the adult mindlessly jumped on top of the piano that stood there. "Hey, wai-" called Emma, stopping herself from talking once she saw what he was doing. He pulled the lid off of it, dragging out an umbrella.

As soon as he got it out, a door opened up on the right side of the piano. He hopped down, looking at the three children. The three of them looked at the adult in awe, then shared glanced with each other. They did not know about this secret door.

"This is our final preparation before we're off." noted the man, stepping inside. "Time to go find Minerva in hell, eh?" With that, he climbed down the ladder that was right behind the door. (Y/N) was the first of the escapees to follow after him.

As soon as she was back on the ground, her eyes widened. She quickly took a step back, looking up at Ray, who was the last of them to get down. He looked at her with worry, hurrying down to comfort her.

She immediately took his hand in hers, looking at their surroundings with wide, (e/c) eyes. Ray, who had kept his attention on his lover, now noticed the reason why she was so scared. "An armory...!" he said, the amazement clear in his voice.

(Y/N) said: "I-I don't think I could use a gun..." She let her eyes fall over all of the different weapons, her mind running wild in possible outcomes of their journey. It was obvious why they would need firearms, and she knew that both, Emma and Ray, could use them without paying much attention to it. But herself? She would need a lot of convincing, that's what she knew.

The adult's voice brought her out of her thoughts. "It was by chance that we found the piano mechanism. When we first tried to play it, the tuning was just a tiny bit off. No way I could've noticed that, but..." He shook his head lightly, not wanting to drift off the topic more.

"Anyway, the point is, if you suck, you'll never even realize this room exists." He finished, strolling through the room nonchalantly. Emma turned to look at him, asking: "What was Minerva's plan?" "Beats me."

Ray turned his head left and right, checking what they had in there. "Pick whatever you like. I don't give a crap about Minerva's goals. These are weapons. This room was made for someone to use it, right?" asked the man, glancing back at the children.

"We'll be getting into enemy territory now. Well, we're already in enemy territory, but you get it. The wasteland is at a whole other level compared to what you've seen. The Plantation forest doesn't come close. This is the land where they live." he explained, turning his attention back to the weapons.

"If they come for you, weapons won't really save your life, but it's better than putting your ass out there bare-handed." He picked up a rifle, saying: "I'm not helping ya with this. Choose something that you figure will help you survive."

He placed the firearm into the hands of Emma. Her arms almost immediately dropped the rifle. She did not expect guns to be so heavy. She contemplated on what to use for a few seconds, then turned around to face Ray and (Y/N).

The two of them were talking silently to each other. "Ray, I'm not sure." said (Y/N), a stressed expression on her face. She was obviously panicking. "You never thought of us using weapons?" he asked her, raising a brow at her.

She shook her head, saying: "No. Even though I should have... A-Anyways, I'm not sure if I can really do this." Ray cupped her face with his hands, saying: "(Y/N), it's fine. You don't have to shoot. Just carry something with you in case of an emergency." She looked to the side, thinking for a moment.

Why shouldn't she carry something to help her survive? But having to pull the trigger when worse comes to worse? Even if it's a Demon, it's a living being, after all. Just like her. "Do it for me. Please."

At those words of Ray, her cheeks flushed red. She didn't hesitate one bit, instead nodding her head. How could she ever say no to such a request from him? Besides, she has a promise to keep. Ray smiled, patting her head before turning to face Emma.

"What do you think?" he asked her, looking over some firearms. "Well... For me, something lighter would probably be better. Sonju and Mujika taught us that, right?" she asked, remembering the time that Sonju told them that the way of survival is escaping.

"I want to avoid anything that could make it hard to run away. Even if that doesn't happen, I think it's better to travel light, at any rate." explained Emma, putting the rifle in her hands down. Ray nodded, saying: "Right."

"Mister, wh-what are you taking?" asked (Y/N), eyeing the weapon he had hanging over his shoulder. "Don't wanna explain. Watch and learn, Cutie." he replied, packing some other things. Ray shot a glare his way, despising the fact that that unfriendly man called his (Y/N) a cutie.

The adult smirked a little, fond that he could mock that boy so easily. Meanwhile, Emma had watched intently. She now knew what she wanted to take. Mister climbed back up, saying: "Pick whatever you like and come up. Just play anything on the piano to return."

With that, he stepped out, closing the door. "He's gone." stated Emma, turning to face the weapons once more. "He's seriously not helping, huh?" asked Ray, sighing lightly. (Y/N) joined their conversation by saying: "I think I understand." The other two looked at her in a questioning way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://weheartit.com/entry/327023865