33

3rd Person Pov:

"It was a cliff." repeated Norman. "A cliff?" asked Emma, clearly surprised. Norman said: "It wasn't a height that we could jump from. Sister wasn't lying, and the demons didn't underestimate us. With that cliff, security wouldn't be necessary." Ray took a sharp breath, narrowing his eyes. Emma asked: "So that means we can't escape from the wall?" "Well, there is a way." said Norman, smiling a little.

130146

(Y/N) Pov:

I put my sketchbook down, giving Norman my pencil. He started sketching while saying: "So I tried going to the edge of the wall. It split into two more walls. One side continued along the cliff. The other wall was the side of our House. The angles were about 60 degrees each. The inside of the two walls, where it splits, were nearly symmetrical. I saw the same scenery in front of me." I grabbed Ray's hand, who was standing next to me, and said: "Then... That means that this House is on a hexagonal property that's surrounded by a cliff." Emma looked at me, then back at what Norman was sketching. He said: "Yeah. And the lot west from our Plant Three is probably the headquarters. That lot was the only one with a bridge. If we're surrounded by cliffs, then crossing the bridge will be the only way to escape." Suddenly, a knock was heard from the door. We all turned to look at it, our eyes wide. The door opened to reveal Phil, who smiled just like always. He called: "Norman! Mama is calling you!" I grabbed my sketchbook as Norman smiled at Phil, saying: "Tell her that I'll be right there." "Okay!" He closed the door again and we all sighed in relief. Then, Norman stood up from the bed he was sitting on, saying: "Well, I should get going." "W-Wait a minute!" said Ray, while Emma said: "Norman!" Norman held his hand out, holding the device that Ray build. He said: "I'll give this back. I didn't use it." My eyes widened, and so did Ray's and Emma's. "You..." Ray grabbed Norman by the shoulders, saying: "So you were planning to return from the start, huh? You said so yourself, right? That we'll stay alive together! But you were already planning to..." Norman smiled at Ray, saying: "Yeah. Sorry, I lied." I took a step back, looking at Norman with wide eyes. He just... He just wants to give up...? B-But then... All our work would be... "I can't afford to make a mistake. Because I can't let anyone die. If I run away, the plan will deviate. If it deviates even a little, it'll be problematic. I don't even want  chance of losing. It's pointless to argue. I won't change my mind." said Norman. I covered my mouth, feeling the tears in my eyes. Ray sat down on the bed, staying silent. Norman said: "I did what I can today. I'm leaving the rest to you." He put the device down, saying: "Make sure the escape succe-" But Emma cut him off: "Wait, Norman." With that, Norman hugged Emma and Ray, saying: "So warm... Thank you for everything. Because of you three, I had a good life. I had fun. I was happy. I was fortunate." He then let go of them, walking up to me. I immediately hugged him, and he returned it. "(Y/N)... I'm sorry for using you to keep Ray at our side. Thank you for everything." I closed my eyes, not being able to hold the tears in anymore. I cried in his chest, not wanting to ever let go. Norman... Don't go. Don't leave me. Please... "Damn. Damn it." said Ray. Emma said: "Hey, Norman. It's still not too late to run away. Run and hide in the forest." Norman patted my head, making me look up at him. He then let go of me, turning to look at Emma, saying: "Like I just said, I'm not going to change my mind. See you." "Th-Then let us change your mind!" I said, looking at him through teary eyes. Norman smiled at me, shaking his head. "I'm sorry. Thank you." With those words, he turned around and left the room. I took a deep breath, but it couldn't calm me down. Instead, only more tears were running down my cheeks. I wiped them away, to no avail. I continued to wipe them, even though I knew it wouldn't change anything. Norman... "I-I don't want you to die, Norman... It-It can't be... N-Norman... D-Don't leave me alone...!" I cried out, reaching my hand towards the door. Then, someone grabbed it, pulling me into their chest. "(Y/N), you're not alone. I'm right here." said Ray, hugging me tightly. I continued to cry, hugging him, too.

Norman Pov:

As I was going through my things, I noticed a string telephone. I smiled as I remembered the day that Emma made it so that me and (Y/N) could talk to her and Ray when we got sick. Then, I heard the door opening. I turned and looked at Don and Gilda. I smiled lightly at them, putting the string telephone in the suitcase before getting dressed into the formal clothing.

"Thanks for waiting, Mama." I said, stopping on the stairs to look at her. "Sure. Let's go, Norman. Everyone's waiting." I nodded, and we headed owards the other children.

3rd Person Pov:

The younger children were rather sad that Norman had to leave. "Norman!" cried a little girl, hugging him. Norman got down on his knees, saying: "Sherry, please don't cry. Instead of a crying face, send me off with a smile, okay?" That sentence made another girl tense up. (Y/N) looked to the side, unable to look at Norman. "I can't send you off with a smile..." she muttered to herself, so that no one could hear her. She was brought back out of her thoughts by Isabella, who asked: "(Y/N), where's Ray?" She didn't lift her head as she answered: "T-The infirmary. He said he didn't want to see Norman l-leave..." "I see." said Norman, standing back up. "Don. Gilda. Take care of Emma, (Y/N), and Ray, okay?" Don immediately sad: "O-Of course. Leave it to us!" while Gilda nodded. Norman said: "Emma. Take care of everyone, okay? And (Y/N), you take care of Ray, right?" (Y/N) could only nod, finally lifting her head. Norman took his Suitcase, smiling at his family. "Okay, everyone. Goodbye." "Norman!" "Thank you for everything." "See you later!" "Good luck!" "Bye!" As Norman was about to leave, Emma couldn't take it anymore. She took the small device from (Y/N)'s hands and went towards Norman. "Norman!" She hugged him, whispering to him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.com.mx/pin/741264419903552255/