132

3rd Person Pov:

Wide wings were spread open as the feathered animal began its journey. It flew over trees, effortlessly dodging those that grew taller than the others. The owl had a target it needed to find. It had a message to deliver, bound to the owl's body with a string.

And after quite some time of soaring through the night, it finally found the person it was trained to find. That person, of course, was none other than the leader of the ongoing rebellion. Norman.

The owl landed gracefully on his arm, adjusting its wings so that it could rest for a short moment. The white haired male gently patted the owl, watching as one of his closest followers took the letter from it.

Cislo read it, then summarized it for the boss. "A report from our scout. The royal armies' forces are steadily heading towards the dummy location. And so, the vehicles of the five noble clans' relatives have departed from their ministry chairs as well. If everything goes according to plan, they should arrive the morning of the Tifari."

Pleased to hear this, Norman said: "Wonderful. Vincent, how did it go with 'that'?" Vincent quickly answered: "It was perfect. I made it in time and brought it. After this, I'd like to get confirmation."

"Alrighty! With this plan, nothing can go wrong at all!" called Barbara, ready to celebrate their victory. "Nothing at all, huh..." trailed Cislo off, glancing at their boss. Norman was deep in thought, a bit worried about what his dear little sister had planned next.

"The medicine?" he asked, looking over at his companions. Cislo and Barbara answered: "We all had our pills!" "We have some in reserve, too!" Nodding subtly, Norman said: "Good to hear. Be just as careful of favorable times. After that, take a good rest. Relaxation is another good medicine."

He began to walk off, but stopped as Cislo spoke up once more. "Thank you. For bringing us this far." Surprised, Norman turned around, while Vincent added: "Because you were there, we were able to live, boss... We were able to come this far."

With a sad smile on her face, Barbara said: "Our bodies turned into these ones, with no time left... But thanks to the boss, we can change the world. Before I die, I'm gonna tear apart this disgusting world!"

"Even if this is the end for us, the boss and the other kids can go on to a new world and beyond. That's what we wish and hope more than anything." admitted Cislo, both him and Barbara smiling at their beloved boss.

"Stop with the crazy talk." said Norman, causing their expressions to turn into surprised ones. "First of all, we're going to achieve victory with no bloodshed. I won't forgive anyone that is killed in action. Also, I don't need thanks. If you want to thank me, do it after winning."

For a split second, his face displayed a sad smile. But it was so faint and gone so soon that no one could even notice. He added: "We're going to make a new world. And everyone is going to see it. With their own eyes."

Norman then raised his fist, saying: "We deserve to be free! Now is the time to put an end to these 1'000 years' worth of suffering!" His companions all cheered, each raising their fists as well, ready to fight for their well-deserved freedom.

Norman Pov:

I looked up at the dark, sky filled sky, letting my thoughts circle around my head for a moment. All of this is... It's a lot at the moment. 'If it's a future where my friends need to be killed, I would never be able to smile again', That's what Emma had said.

And (Y/N)... ''They' does not mean everyone, Norman.' 'They've done nothing wrong to us, and we owe them our literal lives! Is that not worth it to you? Are our lives of that minor value to you?' That's what she had asked me.

"No, of course not..." I answered out loud, slowly shaking my head. "You're all I... All I wanted to protect. The reason why I'm doing all of this..." I added, closing my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard the voice of a little girl. "N-Norman?" she asked, causing my eyes to widen. I turned around, facing the young girl. She looked at me with her big, (e/c) eyes, tears threatening to spill.

This is... I kneeled down so that I was closer to her height, asking: "What's wrong, (Y/N)?" She tried her best to keep her tears in, approaching me, saying: "I-I had a bad dream... A nightmare."

"A nightmare?" I repeated, opening my arms so that I could hug her. She gently put her small arms around me, sniffling as she nodded, saying: "Th-There was this monster... This Demon... A-And it... It a-ate you...! I'm so scared!"

I paused for a moment, then tightened my arms around her, saying: "It was only a nightmare. Everything is fine. You should go back to sleep." "B-But I'm scared..." she trailed off, looking up at me.

I chuckled, ruffling through her short, (h/c) hair, saying: "It'll be fine. I'll get rid of that Demon, alright?" "Y-You can?" "Mhm. Just go to sleep and I'll deal with it. Okay?" She hesitated, but nodded her head, saying: "A-Allright. Please be careful... It's really scary." She began to walk away. I smiled lightly, saying: "I promise. Goodnight, (Y/N)." "G-Goodnight, big brother."

Snapping out of my little daze, I turned around, searching for the girl I had just talked to. But there was no one. All of a sudden, I felt this immense pain, and I sunk to my knees, holding my head like it was going to fall off any second now.

I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, coughing over and over again. As soon as I was able to breathe freely again, I looked down at my hand, letting out a tired sigh. I had coughed up blood. Again.

"I'm sorry." I muttered out, looking back up at the sky. "I should... take a break once in a while." Sighing once more, I lightly shook my head, closing my eyes. "If only I could..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/61009769941689870/