106

(Y/N) Pov:

"Emma!" I called, starting to climb up, ready to face the Demon outside. "Is this the one? It's really a human." "I heard a voice. There's still another here." said the Demons, probably inspecting Emma.

As I finally managed to climb outside, my eyes widened. This is... No way. Four Demons? This isn't good. "Let's report this." stated one of them, all eyes still on Emma, not one of them looking at me.

I took that opportunity aim my gun, about to pull the trigger as they suddenly bared their sharp teeth, drooling. "Grace Field Premium meat!" yelled one of them, about to eat Emma. "Let me eat her!" "No, me!" "Move!"

Thinking quickly, I grabbed the special gun from my belt, switching to the flashbang. I shot it up into the air, switching guns immediately. While the Demons were blinded, I shot at the one holding Emma, first shooting its mask off, then killing it with a single bullet.

It dropped Emma, and another Demon tried to get a hold of her, despite not being able to see. I took the opportunity to kill that one, too. "Emma, are you okay?" I asked, looking at her with worry clear in my voice.

She nodded, quickly standing up and grabbing her weapon. "I am. Thank you." she said, flashing me a smile before aiming to kill the other two Demons. However, before we could shoot, a large hand had aimed for her.

Not knowing what else to do, I pushed her out of the way, resulting in me being captured instead. "(Y/N)!" called Emma out, ready to kill that Demon. However, it held me up in front of its face, chuckling lowly.

"You're not even half bad. For humans, that is." it said, tightening its grip on me. I gasped for air, trying everything I could to break out of its grasp, to no avail. I'm just a human. I can't possibly overpower a Demon with physical strength alone, after all.

Dots started to fill my vision, and all I could hear was a high ringing sound. However, before everything went dark, I was able to breath again. While I was falling, I noticed something. Rather, someone.

A human, wearing a paper bag over their head, a blade in each hand. The stranger managed to cut through the remaining two Demons with ease, splattering blood everywhere. Some even hit my face. Just who is this? Is this really a human being?

The next thing I knew, I was in someone's arms, opening my eyes. "You idiot! That was reckless!" called a voice I'd recognize everywhere. "Ray." I said, smiling lightly. He clicked his tongue, gently setting me down.

I held onto him for support, looking over at Emma to check if she was alright. Hayato and Anna were with her, together with that stranger. Hayato held his arms out in front of Emma, calling: "Friends! They're friends! These people are my friends and saviour!"

Anna was hugging Emma, saying: "I'm so relieved! That was too scary! I'm so glad that you both are safe...!" I smiled a little, then asked: "Hayato, who is this? An ally?"

The giant human placed a hand on top of Hayato's head, while Hayato said: "Yes, this is Zazie, a trusted friend of the boss. It's probably because Jin and I were taking too long to search for- Ow!"

Sighing, he continued: "He's insanely strong, but you can never tell what he's thinking. He only listens to what the boss says, so be careful." So this is a trusted friend of Minerva-san? A human? With that speed, agility, and strength?

"Let's get back. If we stay here much longer, the Demons will come swarming." noted Ray, causing me to nod. Emma replied: "Yeah, we have the medicine, so let's hurry back to everyone." "Yes!" called Hayato, a happy smile on his face.

Time skip: back with everyone

3rd Person Pov:

The other children of the group looked at the giant with mixed feelings. Some where afraid, while others adored his tiger-striped jacket.

Meanwhile, the oldest amongst the Grace Field escapees had gathered around the injured. "How's Chris?" asked Emma, voicing all of their thoughts. Sandy answered: "Better. He's not in the pink yet, but his pulse and his breathing are back to normal. The medicine is working."

Zack nodded, finishing to set up his medication. "What a relief." said (Y/N), sighing heavily. She let herself sit down a bit to the side, clear relief showing in her expression. Ray chuckled, sitting down next to her, saying: "Yeah. Now we can rest, too." "Mhm."

"(Y/N)." called Gilda, causing mentioned girl to stiffen at her tone. "Oh, no..." she muttered, looking over at the green haired girl, who was approaching her, her expression unreadable.

"Ah, Gilda..." trailed (Y/N) off, knowing exactly what she would hear now. Gilda crossed her arms over her chest, saying: "I heard what happened from Emma. You were being overly reckless!" "I-I know, but-" she tried, but Gilda wouldn't let her.

"No excuses! Don't go setting bad examples for Anna!" (Y/N) visibly flinched, then nodded, saying: "Y-Yes, Gilda..." Gilda nodded, then added: "But I'm glad that you saved Emma. Thank you." (Y/N) smiled a little, not saying anything as Gilda went back to Don.

Emma then cleared her throat, gaining everyone's attention. "Everybody, we'll spend the night here. Make sure you get a good rest! Tomorrow, we leave first thing in the morning." The children agreed, and each went to bed.

Time skip: two days later

"I can't believe these trees!" called Gilda out, admiring the extremely tall trees surrounding them. Yvette noted: "It's a forest!" "But way bigger than all the others we've seen!" added Don, inspecting one of the gigantic trees. Turning to face Jin, Oliver asked: "Is the hideout in there?" "Yes! We've almost arrived." answered Jin, nodding his head.

The older kids, those skilled with their weapons, were keeping an eye out for anything dangerous, since wild Demon marks could be seen everywhere. Suddenly, Hayato spoke up. "I'll go ahead first, to tell the boss about you folks! Jin, Zazie, show the way to our friends and keep 'em safe!"

"Roger." said Jin, nodding once. Then, Hayato took off running, leaving the other children with wide eyes. He was incredibly fast, out of their sight within mere seconds.

About half an hour later, Jin said: "Here it is." The children walked past a tree, their eyes wide once more.

"This is our hideout."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.deviantart.com/kokoadopt/art/orange-sky-the-promised-neverland-emma-848752035