113

3rd Person Pov:

It was a new day for the escapees. They were also past the first night spend at their new residence. The younger children were playing around, some giggling, while the others told them to stay quiet to not wake up the other kids.

Sighing in content, Emma finished dressing herself up, then stretched her arms over her head, yawning once. She had overslept today. In fact, it was her first time ever oversleeping. A happy smile was present on her lips as she left the room she was currently in, walking around their new shelter.

"Emma, there you are! Where are Ray and (Y/N)? Gilda asked them to help with breakfast." asked Don, approaching the orange haired girl. Emma thought for a moment, then said: "Now that you mention it, I don't know." Another person approached, adding to their conversation.

"If you guys are looking for (Y/N) and Ray, they're still asleep." noted Gillian, chuckling to herself. Nigel, slightly flustered, gestured towards a door, saying: "They're in there." "Thanks a bunch, Gillian, Nigel!" said Emma, happily walking towards that room.

Don followed suit, asking: "They're still sleeping? I didn't know either of them could sleep this long." "I overslept today, too. I guess they just needed to rest a bit longer." said Emma, shrugging her shoulders.

She then knocked on the door, saying: "(Y/N)? Ray? It's almost time for breakfast!" Getting no response, she quietly opened the door, peeking inside. A wide smile was immediately on her face as she whispered: "What would they do without the other?"

Don was confused for a moment, before he looked inside the room as well. He sighed heavily, saying: "These two..." Shaking his head, he opened the door some more, stepping into the room. "Hey, Don, wait!" called Emma after him, trying to stop him. "The others are getting hungry, and these two can cook the best." he stated, approaching the sleeping couple.

(Y/N) was huddled up against Ray's chest, while he held her close to himself, even while sleeping. They looked so peaceful, so in love. Emma couldn't help but to smile once more, forgetting that she wanted to stop Don from waking them up.

"Time to wake up, guys!" called Don, his voice loud and clear. "Don!" whisper-yelled Emma, glaring at the taller boy. "What? Everyone else is already awake, too." he stated, to which Emma shook her head, saying: "That doesn't matter."

"Why are you two talking so loud?" asked a quiet voice, causing both Emma and Don to freeze for a moment. They turned to look at their friends, seeing Ray sitting up. He half-heartedly glared at them, saying: "You better not wake (Y/N) up."

Don spoke up once more: "Gilda needs you both in the kitchen, so get up." Next to Ray, (Y/N) began to shift, asking: "Wh-What's going on...?" in a sleepy voice. Ray's glare darkened as Emma quickly held her hands up in defence, saying: "I tried to stop him."

"Hm? Is everything alright?" asked (Y/N), sitting up. She looked at Emma and Don, asking: "Did anything happen?" Don shook his head, saying: "Gilda asked me to get you two to help out in the kitchen." "Okay. We'll be there in a few." said (Y/N), stretching her arms and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Don nodded, quickly leaving, with Emma following after him. Before she left, she said: "I'm so sorry.", then closed the door again. Ray let out a heavy sigh, looking at his girlfriend. She returned his gaze, asking: "What is it? Did I miss anything?"

"No." he replied, shaking his head lightly. "Well, we should get ready for the day, then." he added, getting out of bed. (Y/N) nodded, saying: "Alright." She, too, got out of bed, and it took them mere minutes to be ready.

Somewhere else:

"Morning, boss." said the tall, bald male, entering the office of their boss. Norman replied: "Good morning, Vincent." "Did you enjoy meeting them again?" asked Vincent, to which Norman nodded once, answering: "Yeah. Chris', Dominic's, and Lucas' conditions have stabilized. You have my thanks."

Vincent stared at Norman for a moment, then said: "How boring. Are you the usual boss now? It's as if you were a different person yesterday. You caused quite the uproar. I saw it, too, y'know."

Norman looked at the paper he had been writing, saying: "Don't mock me. Enough with the idle talk, there's a change of plans. Have you heard about Hayato's report?" Vincent nodded, immediately responding with the exact words of the report.

"'We invaded a mass-production plant along the way. The security has been fortified now that our invasions have been exposed.'" To that, Norman said: "Right. And what's more, they saw a real human there. Concurrently, the survival of the Grace Field escapees has been made known to the public."

"Isn't that bad?" asked Vincent, a bored expression on his face. Shaking his head, Norman answered: "No. However, I want to come up with countermeasures before the enemy does. Let's proceed with the plan ahead of schedule. I need to hurry. There's good reason to."

Sighing softly, Norman added: "This revolution needs tobe a victory without shedding any blood. I won't let any cattle children or my friends spill blood anymore."

He held the letter he just finished out to Vincent, saying: Get this letter to 'them'. I'd like to quickly arrange a usual meeting." "Yes, boss. At once." answered Vincent without hesitation, taking the letter from Norman.

(Y/N) Pov:

I was helping with the laundry, folding them and putting them into a basket. Emma was doing the same, smiling happily. "This is amazing! To think that we would be living in a real house again..." she trailed off, causing me to smile, nodding my head.

Then, Ray asked: "I wonder what kind of plan Norman has." We both turned our heads, with Emma asking: "What do you mean?" "Didn't what he said make you guys curious? I know I am." he stated, leaning onto the railing.

I lightly nodded, with Emma saying: "Yeaaah. But this is Norman's plan we're talking about. We definitely have nothing to worry about. And also, Norman said 'a future where we don' lose anybody'..." She trailed off at the end, placing the white cloth she held into the basket.

"But are you actually glad?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/904168062658421645/