149

Hello, everyone!

So, I've had some time and felt super motivated, so I wrote like five chapters for this book :)

I can tell you that it's gonna end around chapter 160. Maybe I'll add some special ones, too, then it's gonna be a bit longer :D

Oh, and since I've got some chapters pre-written, I'll publish them weekly again! Let's say every Friday.

Anyways, enjoy this chapter and have a great day / night!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"The Demons were only eating to live. Mama and the saff's only choice to survive was serving us to the Demons. And Julius Ratri just didn't want to see any more people die in war." continued Emma, thinking back to her loved ones.

She continued: "We also kill in order to survive. We can't be indifferent to the suffering of Mama and Julius. I can't criticize them for being weak."

Pausing for just a moment, she added: "I've thought a lot about it. If Demons weren't creatures that are humans, maybe they could have been our friends. If I had been born in the Ratri clan, maybe I could have done something for the children. If you were born in Grace Field, could we have been friends?"

She stared at Peter as she said: "You had your own sense of justice as you protected the two worlds, right? I was raised as food and I can't ever forgive you for what you did to us. But there are people who were protected by the Ratri clan sacrificing us. I'm sure you had your own struggles, like protecting the world or choosing the world over your own family. You also had a fate you were burdened with from the moment you were born."

"Let's be free. The Demons, humans... Both you and us." said (Y/N), a small smile on her lips. She wanted this to work so desperately. It would be so much easier the way they thought about it. Why couldn't he understand that they just wanted what's best for everyone involved?

"The world will change. Let's change it now. Let's end the 1'000 years of suffering now. Let's live. Together. Peter Ratri." finished Emma, holding a hand out to the head of the Ratri clan.

Peter had a sad smile on his face, catching everyone off guard. He had realized something. His beloved brother, James Ratri, was right. That he and the entirety of the Ratri clan was punished and cursed for what Julius did.

"You should just kill me. But you say you want to live together? Fools. That's why you were meant to be eaten. Actually, the Demon's aren't so bad. What they've been doing to you are things that humans have done to each other since long ago." he said, looking at Emma.

He continued: "Yes, even though humans don't eat humans." Emma gasped lightly, not quite wanting to believe this. "Go wherever you want. Do what you want. You kids win. But remember this one thing. The human world isn't any different. Because they are a mirror of humanity."

His eyes then met (Y/N)'s, and a look of regret flashed over his features. "(Y/N), I... I'm so sorry for taking your father from you. Your mother, too. They were such wonderful, kind, loving people... I can still remember the proud face my brother made every time he talked about you."

Chuckling dryly, he added: "He was always so kind to me, even when I didn't understand him or what he did. For me. For you. He just wanted what's best for his family. James was a true Hero."

Hearing this, (Y/N) suddenly remembered something. A few words she had heard so long ago. Spoken by a voice she hardly recognized, yet held so much comfort and familiarity.

"Peter, Miryam, (Y/N)... I'm sorry."

"Dad..." she trailed off, realizing that those were his last words. Even in his final moment, he apologized for not being able to safe and free those he loved oh so dearly.

Shaking his head lightly, Peter said: "'Code Solid'. You can pass that on to my uncle- your great uncle, (Y/N). I'm looking forward to seeing how far you can go in the human world."

He suddenly pulled a knife out of his sleeve, pointing the sharp side of the blade towards himself. "Sorry, but I can't go with you kids. I'll enjoy the new world from the depths of hell. Farewell..."

"Peter!" called (Y/N) out, watching in horror as her last blood relative rammed the knife into the side of his neck. The moment she saw the blood, she already knew that there was no way to safe him. This is the ending he chose for himself.

The other kids still tried to tend to his wound, while (Y/N) looked away, even turning away from him. "Are you okay?" asked Ray carefully, approaching her. She nodded her head, answering: "I-I think so. It's just... a-a bit much."

Without another word, he hugged her close to himself, wanting to be there for her, to comfort her. And she was glad that she had him. She knew she was safe with him. No matter what. "Thank you..." she muttered against his chest, tightening her embrace.

Emma Pov:

"So Emma, and all of you. What do you plan to do now?" asked Mama, standing opposite of us with the sisters behind her. I answered: "We're going to retreat for now. There's still the 2'000 imperial soldiers, and we have other stuff we need to do. But I'm glad, because we wanted to talk to you once we got to Grace Field."

I looked over at (Y/N), smiling at her. "(Y/N) has already made the promise with 「 」. Of course, that's only if you want to. Once everything is done and the promise is implemented, Mama, the sisters, the adults and children of the other farms, we can all go to the human world."

One of the sisters asked: "You're going to forgive us?" "After what we did?" asked another, both of them shocked, yet relieved. Mama kept quiet for a moment, then spoke up. "We'll stay here. We appreciate your offer. But we're..."

She slowly but surely broke out in tears, causing me to smile warmly. I knew it. Our Mama is still the kind Mama we knew. Even after everything. "I'm sorry... And thank you, everyone..." she trailed off, hugging the younger ones.

"Then it's settled." I said. "Just a little longer. Once we finish everything, we'll come back here. Until then, Grace Field will continue to operate, but-"

Mama cut me off. "We'll be waiting. Don't worry. The Demon's and the Ratri clan servants don't know about our betrayal yet. We'll handle it. Leave Grace Field to us. We'll take care of Phil and the others, and we'll deal with the Demon's, too."

Norman went to talk to Cislo via the communication device. "Cislo! We're going to evacuate! Is everything okay on that side?" "Boss! Everything's fine... Or it was... But, well, I don't really understand." said Cislo through the device.

We all stopped to listen, not sure what to expect next. "The imperial soldiers are on the move. They're all leaving! And heading toward the outer bridge!" Hearing this, panic broke out within us. Hayato called out: "That's not good! Reinforcements! They're gonna attack us! We should run! Now!"

"Wait! Look at this." called a sister, showing us a big screen. It read: 'Notice! A message from the imperial capital to all citizens.' "Huh?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/62417144822138385/