128

3rd Person Pov:

"(Y/N)! Ray! I might have figured it out!" called a younger version of Emma, appearing out of a closet that had just manifested itself in front of the couple. Confused at the appearance of a literal child, Ray asked: "Huh? Whaddya say, kid?"

"Get a hold of yourself, old man!" called Emma out, slapping him across the face. He stumbled back, losing the grip he had on (Y/N)'s hand as he fell over. "Ray? Are you alright?! Emma! Don't go hitting Ray like that!" scolded (Y/N), not noticing that she had returned to her normal self.

She quickly kneeled down in front of Ray, muttering: "Seriously, what is wrong with her?" "I'm okay." said Ray, the two of them quickly standing back up, facing Emma. Then, it hit them.

"Wait, Emma?!" "The real one?!" they asked at the same time, to which Emma rolled her eyes, saying: "Yes, the real one! I figured it put. It was exactly like you said, Ray." Ray thought for a moment, then remembered what he had told Emma before.

She said: "That the 'seven walls' are the space-time, that this place is a mess, and that the key is our 'mind'." "...What?" asked (Y/N), looking up at Ray in hopes for a clearer explanation. Sadly, she didn't get one, seeing that he didn't understand what Emma was saying, either.

The orange haired girl let out a sigh, saying: "Okay, I'll lay it out step by step! First, this place's space-time is chaos. It's unstable, right?" Ray nodded, saying:" Yeah." "And, those scenes line up with things we know about!" "Well..."

"(Y/N) said this, too. She said that this place can change depending on our memories. So, this place is linked with our consciousness. Both consciously and unconsciously. In other words, our consciousness is intervening. And this is a place where that can happen." explained Emma, trying to be as clear as possible.

"What?!" asked Ray, shocked at what he was hearing. (Y/N) chimed in, saying: "But... That would mean that this place is dependent on our minds. Does that mean that we can... change it?" "Mhm! We just haven't noticed it, but this place can do that. In this maze, we can transcend the space-time of the walls." said Emma, nodding at her best friend.

Ray, still a bit taken back, looked between the two girls, asking: "Hey, wait a sec. For that kind of jumbled up hypothesis... What's the basis?" "I don't have one. But we kind of did it just a bit ago." answered Emma in all honesty.

Gasping lightly, (Y/N) said: "Oh, that's probably why you saw an illusion of me dying, Ray! Your mind imagined the worst scenes, if you wanted to or not, and then this place changed according to that." "I..." trailed Ray off, slowly starting to grasp their situation.

"I was able to rewind time if I thought about it strongly enough, and became smaller. Though I couldn't seem to stop. Think about it, why did you two turn older? And why did you both turn back to normal again?" asked Emma, looking at each of them.

"But... We've never seen a desert like this before, you know." said Ray, suddenly realizing something. This place was made because of him. This place was a desert now simply because his consciousness interpreted what they were searching for as a desert.

Nodding once, (Y/N) said: "I think I get it now. We also got older because I tried to keep track of the time, and it felt like years had passed." Emma nodded, saying: "That's probably it." She then looked at Ray, continuing their explanation.

"The reason we were lost all along was because not understanding and getting tangled up in it, we weren't able to correctly comprehend this place. There is a true form to this place. And it will surely show itself if we stop time and rewind it. That's gotta be what 'the walls will become visible' means." she said.