17

(Y/N) Pov:

"Good morning, Norman." I heard Emma say. I put the plates down, looking towards the door. "Good morning, Emma, (Y/N)." he said, smiling and waving. I returned it, saying: "Morning, Norman." "Good morning, Norman." said Ray, touching Norman's shoulder. I kept my eyes on them. Norman looked like he was lost in thoughts for a second, before he said: "Good morning, Ray." Ray walked over to me. I smiled at him, saying: "Good morning, Ray." He patted my head, saying: "Good morning. Slept well?" "U-Uh, yes." I answered, looking away. We went over to our usual seats and sat down.

Time skip: after breakfast

(Y/N) Pov:

"So?" asked Emma as we entered the forest. "How did the plan with the ropes go? Was there progress for the source of information?" "Actually..." began Norman, but Ray cut him off. "Oh, that. It's me." Norman's eyes widened, and so did mine. "H-Huh?" He said: "I'm Mama's informant." Emma tilted her head, not grasping anything at the moment. "It was you?" She took a few seconds to think before holding her head, saying: "Sorry for that reaction, but I still don't understand." "Yes! Let me explain!" said Norman.

"So you're the traitor, but not an enemy. You were acting as Mama's subordinate all this time for our sake?" asked Emma. "Yeah." said Norman. Ray said: "The truth is, I was going to tell you everything as soon as you got back from the gate." He sighed, saying: "But you left Little Bunny behind, saying you wanted to escape with everyone, and other unexpected things happened." I took a step back, smiling innocently at him. Yeah, we forgot Little Bunny. If we wouldn't have forgotten it, Mama wouldn't suspect us. "Mama found out, so I had to manage the situation. Plus you guys were being rash, and about to get reckless. That's why I figured I should keep quiet and get both under control." "So you were saying that you were covering up for our mistakes. And you're still against escaping with everyone, right?" asked Emma. "But it's different now. I'll help you escape with everyone." I let my eyes fall onto his before looking over at Norman. He avoided eye contact, which made an idea pop up in my head. The conditions... Leave here with everyone, but once someone's caught, they're dead? Or, not leave with everyone and only leave with the ones that can walk already? No... Leave with everyone and part them into two groups, one that might get eaten, and one that definietely survives? Something like that? Or... Not? My thoughts kept on running circles through my mind. "That's not like you." said Emma, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Do you think he's lying?" asked Norman. "No, I'm happy. Ray is now going to help everyone escape. And we also have information to trick Mama from the inside. It's awesome!" I took a step towards Ray, asking: "But it hurt, right?" He looked at me in a questioning way. I walked in front of him, looking up at him. "It must've hurt. I know it did." He wanted to say something, but I hugged him, startling him. "It hurts even now. To know what happened to everyone that left us since we got here. But you... You knew the secret for quite some time now. It must've been awful to see everyone leave, knowing they won't live another hour. Ray... I'm sorry..." I got red as he slowly put his arms around me, saying: "Don't apologize. It's not like you could've done anything against it." "B-But-" "Ray." said Emma, making us both look at her. "Were the experiments for the tracking devices done on someone's ear?" she asked. My eyes widened as Ray tensed up. "What happened to that child... or rather, children? You didn't cause them to be shipped out early, did you? You didn't sacrifice someone for our sake, right?" I looked up at him, my eyes scanning for hidden answers. And his eyes spoke more than anything. "Actually, never mind. Thank you. Thanks to that, we can all escape together now. But..." Emma glared at Ray. A glare I've never seen on her before. "Don't do something like that ever again." Her voice sounded threatening, yet just as always. It scared me. I hid my face in Ray's chest as Emma said: "You're not alone anymore. You're not alone anymore, so..." I heard Ray's heartbeat quicken as he said: "I swear. I'll never do it again. Let's all escape from here together."

As we were walking back, I walked in between Ray and Norman, all of us walking behind Emma. "Emma sure was mad." said Ray jokingly. I only nodded my head, keeping my eyes on the ground. "Hey, Ray." started Norman. "I want to ask you something." "What?" asked Ray. "You said you did it so that the three of us don't get killed. But are you actually..." My eyes widened slightly, but I kept my head down. What if I'm mistaken? Would Ray do such a thing? Would he...? "Oh yeah!" said Emma, turning around and running up to us. "I have something to report." I looked up at her, seeing her green eyes sparkle in the sunlight. Great news, huh?

Time skip: a while later

3rd Person Pov:

Emma said: "Gilda and I decided to properly observe Mama once again. Mama disappears right before eight o'clock every night." "Disappears?" asked Norman. "Yeah. She's nowhere to be found in the House. This House has a secret room." "A secret room?" asked Don. "Yeah." (Y/N) put her sketchbook on the bed in front of them, opening it on a specific page. Emma took a pen and looked at the map of the upper floor (Y/N) drew for them. "Located here." she said, circling a specific area. "Next to Mama's bedroom?" asked (Y/N), receiving a nod from Gilda. Emma explained: "Mama's bedroom has the bathroom and washroom next to it. Past that, continuing beyond the wall is Mama's office. But this probably isn't a wall." She marked the line above the circle in the same red color. Gilda nodded, saying: "I noticed that every time Mama disappears, she always goes into her office or the washroom." "So I measured the distance inside the room, and the distance in the hallway." She highlighted the said lines. "Oh. That's what you were doing then." noted Norman. "Yeah." Don asked: "And the result?" "They didn't match, right?" said (Y/N), sitting on the bed behind her. Emma said: "Exactly. There are about ten of my footstep's worth of space. One side is a wall, and the other side is a bookshelf. But I think there are hidden doors on both sides." "And beyond that, there's a secret room." finished Gilda. "But what is that for?" asked Don. "Probably-" Emma got cut off by Ray: "Scheduled check-ins. Mama does scheduled check-ins to the headquarters every day. The room is likely for that." "Headquarters?" asked Don. (Y/N) answered: "Where we get new babies and Sister's from." Don was shocked to hear that. Emma asked: "Ray, did you know that there was a room here?" "No. Although I suspected the existence-" "Let's try to get in." suggested Don.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/104708760073860856/