135

Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry for updating a day late :/

I had some things come up, and didn't have time to write a quick a/n.

Anyways, I managed to write a chapter today, so that's good, I guess :))

Hope you'll enjoy!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"I'm so glad you three made it back unharmed. It's a shame though. You were just a little bit too late." said Norman, looking at his friends. Emma, tightening her hands into fists, said: "Norman, why did you-"

However, she stopped herself midsentence as her best friend proceeded to walk past the corpses of the Demons', avoiding to look at them. Everyone was silent as she looked up at Norman, then went over to two of his 'underlings'.

She bend down in front of Barbara and Cislo, rummaging through her pocket. "Here, take this." she said, handing Cislo a roll of bandages that she had packed just in case.

He looked at her with wide eyes, asking: "I... Why? Why are you helping us?" With a gentle, kind smile, (Y/N) answered: "Because I don't want anyone to die anymore. We lost enough friends and family already." With that, Cislo accepted the bandages, thanking her quickly before starting to treat Barbara.

After a bit of silence, (Y/N) asked: "Are they all...?" She trailed off, still refusing to look at the many corpses her older brother had caused. "All of them have been killed." stated Norman, looking at her.

He added: "They killed each other. They're all dead now. The queen, the nobles, the Giran clan. All of them." Emma, having finally heard enough, stepped forwards.

"Norman! We forged a promise! Everybody can escape to the human world!" she said, hoping to still change his mind. Norman averted his eyes from them, now looking at the ground, thinking for a moment.

Emma continued: "You don't need to fight anymore... Hey, starting now, let's stop with the 'extinction'." "It's already too late. It's impossible now, Emma." started Norman, meeting her green eyes with his blue ones.

"The monarchy has collapsed. A monarchy that lasted for thousands of years. Governance by the Demons is impossible now. Peace is impossible for them. Iverk was the last one, and I killed him myself." he stated.

With a somewhat smug expression, he looked at (Y/N), saying: "All of the Demons will die out. There's just one more push left until their extinction. We can't go back now. We have no choice but to wipe them out. So don't get in the way."

Hearing that, (Y/N) lowered her head, trying her hardest to contain her laughter. Until she couldn't anymore. She broke out in a fit of laughter, much to the confusion of everyone present.

Norman's eyes widened, afraid that he might have missed something crucial if this was her reaction. However, as she looked back up at him, tears were in her eyes.

His expression softened as he could do nothing but stare at her, waiting for her to say what she had on her mind. Which she eventually did. "You're wrong, Norman. You're so, so, so wrong." she said, shaking her head lightly.