35

(Y/N) Pov:

"Good morning, my dear children. Remembering to appreciate that all 38 of you are able to live here happily... Thank you for the food." said Mama. "Thank you for the food." repeated the children. Emma kept her head down. I felt the same as her. It was awful. I miss Norman so much. Everything in this House keeps on reminding me of him. I looked at the food on my plate before pushing it away a little. "Aren't you going to eat?" I looked up at Ray, saying: "I'm not hungry." with a small smile. But that smile faded just as fast as it appeared. With all that we've tried... We failed. I failed. I should've begged Mama to ship me out. Now Norman's gone.

3rd Person Pov:

As some of the children were playing, Phil said: "Emma looks so sad. I've never seen her look like that before." Gilda nodded, looking over at Emma. Don said: "Yeah." Lani and Thoma walked towards them, with Lani saying: "It's not just Emma." Thoma added: "It's Ray and (Y/N), too." "They've been really depressed." Phil said: "They must be lonely." "Well, the four of them were good friends." stated Thoma.

Time skip: nighttime

3rd Person Pov:

Ray sat down, keeping his head low, asking: "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Don got straight to the point by asking: "We have to decide what to do, right? From this point on..." "I don't care." Gilda, Emma, and Don looked at Ray with surprised expressions. He repeated: "I don't care. Let's die here. It's impossible. We're surrounded by a cliff. And the only bridge going out is in the headquarters. Besides, I'm tired. I'm really tired." (Y/N), who stood behind the three children walked towards him, slowly putting her healthy arm around Ray. She knew that he was right. She knew that very well, and yet... She didn't want to give up just yet. "Ray... This is no time to give up. W-We just lost Norman. We can't lose anyone else, especially not you." He remained silent as she whispered: "I can't lose you, Ray..." Still, she got no response. With that, Emma held the device out that Ray had build, asking: "Then what about this?" Ray answered: "I don't need it. You can have it. If you want to run away, then run. I'm dropping out." He then put his arms around the girl that was hugging him, saying: "Sorry, (Y/N)." The tears were forming in her eyes, but she did her best to hold them back. "It's just not fair..." she said. Emma decided to leave. Gilda called after her, to no avail. Don turned to look at Ray, saying: "Ray, come on!" "Sorry. I'm sorry, Don. Gilda." (Y/N) took a few steps back, shaking her head. "No." she said. Ray glanced up at her, repeating: "Sorry." "No!" She thought for a second before saying: "Liar." That made Ray lift his head. He stared into her (e/c) eyes as she said: "You said you'd never break. You said that you're here with me. So why are you giving up?" He remained silent once more. "You're the idiot!" she raised her voice, which was something she never did. "If you don't care, then start caring! And if you're tired, get some sleep!" She then walked up to him, grabbing his hand, calmly saying: "If you can't sleep, then tell me. Because I'm here, too." Ray's eyes widened slightly at her words. He was surprised, to say the least. He didn't expect her to use his own words. Suddenly, he felt a warm feeling throughout his whole body. But that feeling quickly left as soon as (Y/N) let go of his hand. She smiled sadly, saying: "Ray... I miss the real you. I miss my Ray." With that, she left the room, too. Ray stared blankly at the door, then hit his fist on the table, saying: "Damn it."

Emma Pov:

"I did knock. You didn't hear it?" said Mama. It seemed like she suddenly appeared in the room. I sat up, wiping my tears. "You poor thing. You're in pain. You're suffering." She hugged me, saying: "Norman is dead, Ray's a mess, and (Y/N) can't think straight. You can't do anything on your own. You must be extremely despaired. Now you will never be able to escape." My eyes widened before I closed them again. "Just give up. The best way to not suffer from despair is to give up. You suffer because you resist. Simply concede. You'll feel much better. It's easy." I never looked at her as she said all that. Then, Mama sat down next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders. She said: "Listen, Emma. If you desire it, I'd like to recommend you as the candidate to be Mama of this farm." "A candidate to be a Mama?" I asked. "Yes. Become an adult, have a child, and if they approve your abilities, you can come back to this House as a Mama or Sister. You have the qualifications for it. If you desire it, I'd be happy to recommend you." I gritted my teeth and pulled out of her grasp, about to yell at her. But she quickly said: "'Who would become such a thing?' Is that what you thought?" She grabbed my face with both of her hands, asking: "But then, what can you do? You can't do anything. You can't save anyone. You can only curse death. A cycle of suffering." My eyes widened as she continued: "Live and strive to become a Mama. Accept the despair and free yourself from the pain." I closed my eyes, saying: "No. I can't do that, no matter what." Mama's expression darkened as she let go of me, saying: "Fine. then you can writhe in agony as you await your death. You all cannot escape. Think about that as much as you want." With that, Mama left and I laid back down, crying. I know that. I know that very well. But I could never send children to their death like that. I just can't...

(Y/N) Pov:

I tried everything, but I just can't sleep. So I decided to go and drink a glass of water. On my way to the kitchen, I was stopped by none other than Mama. "Ah, there you are. And just as I thought, you can't sleep." she said, smiling a little at me. I looked to the side, asking: "Wh-What is it, Mama?" She put a hand on my head, saying: "You're smart, so I'll get straight to the point. I'd like to recommend you to become a Mama."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/819936675891745900/