118

Hello, everyone!

First off, I'm sorry for updating a day late!

To make up for it, I made this chapter longer :)

Hope you'll enjoy!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Emma sat next to Chris, holding his hand in her own. He still hasn't woken up, which caused everyone to worry greatly. Ray, who was leaning against a wall, said: "He's looking better. His pulse and breathing have calmed down, too. And Vincent also said that there wasn't any damage to the brain. He'll wake up any time now."

"Yeah..." trailed Emma off, sighing softly. Ray, deciding to change the subject, said: "Leaving that aside, there's Norman. He didn't come back yesterday, either." "I want to talk to him as soon as possible. Since then, I've really been thinking."

Emma turned her head to look at Ray, continuing: "Even though we get along just fine, with Barbara, Cislo, and Vincent... Even though they're all such funny and nice people. To be caught up with such hatred..."

She released a sigh, saying: "And back at Goldy Pond, Oliver also talked about how much he hated the Demons, but this is the first time I've seen such bottomless hatred... I was scared. It's not 'sympathy towards the Demons'. I was afraid of just how deep-seated the hatred was that I was seeing. But..."

Taking in a deep breath, Emma continued her little speech. "'The enemy is all the same'... What about Mujika? Do they not know that Demons have children either? To say they're all the same... It's strange. It's really strange!"

"Yeah. But they couldn't care less about those who have killed our kind. The suffering that they've gone through is undeniable. You can't just say 'don't hate them'. After that hatred comes out, you can't stop it. It keeps growing steadily. It's a cycle of hatred with no end. This is 'war' to them, after all." said Ray, thinking for a moment.

He then said: "It's probably like (Y/N) said. Norman wants to start a civil war. To inflict fear on an enemy, one's own poverty, leaderships' selfishness, a mutual misunderstanding. It can start for a different number of reasons."

Emma seemed slightly shocked to be hearing all of that. Of course, war was always a possibility, but was there really no other way? Was there nothing they could do? Because killing all of the Demons, no matter in what kind of way, won't necessarily solve their problems.

Ray said: "If you have the time to be thinking about your enemies, it should be about how to kill them. If the 'cycle of hatred' is allowed to be born, there's no way of stopping war. Killing each other, hating them for it, then more killing. That's why it'll never go away. Humanity has been repeating itself for thousands of years."

"But I'm... I'm-" started Emma, but stopped once they heard a knock on the door. The door was opened, reviling their friend. She looked at both of them, saying: "Norman just got back. We should hurry." Emma's eyes widened as she basically jumped up, saying: "Let's go, Ray, (Y/N)!"

Vincent, looking at their boss, asked: "The alliance?" "We completed it safely." answered Norman, nodding confidentially. "Then that means..." trailed Cislo off, a wide grin on his face. "We can move on to the next stage."