82

Hi everyone!

This chapter is a little longer than usual since I really wanted to fit everything in here.

That was all, so, enjoy!

(And be prepared for what's about to happen)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

"So how are we going to kill him?" asked Nigel, looking up from Pepe, who was unconscious. Ray answered: "Like (Y/N) said, there has to be a way. When seeing him from the rooftop, I thought about it."

He glanced over at (Y/N), who put a hand to her chin in thought. "No matter how dangerous he is, he's still a living being, right? Shoot him in the kernel, and he dies. Shoot him with guns, and you can injure him."

The smaller girl nodded, saying: "The electricity and flash grenade took away his senses, too. Surely, death can come to him." "Regeneration, power, size, and speed. Everything is just too high level. We can't let fear cloud out judgement. Let's think about this calmly. We can take him down." finished Ray, looking at each of them.

"Well." started (Y/N), closing her eyes for a moment. Everyone looked at her, waiting for her to state what she had discovered. "There is something I noticed. He's a Demon, but his claws recovered too slow."

Their eyes widened a little as they thought about it. "Yeah." said Nigel, nodding. (Y/N) continued: "Nigel's shot heavily damaged his right claw. Leuvis was barely recovered by the time he crushed the house. I thought he would regenerate quicker, but..."

She looked up at the adult, asking: "Is he restoring it only if he wants to?" To that, Ray said: "There might be some flaws with his regeneration." "What are you talking about?" asked Nigel, almost completely lost on the topic.

"For example, a defined limit of just how much he can regenerate, or a considerable energy requirement... As a human, there is a limit to how many times the cells in the body can divide. When you're young, you recover quickly, but as you get older, it slows down." he explained, making it rather easy for Nigel to understand.

Nodding, (Y/N) said: "So your strategy did work, Mister." He eyed the young girl, thinking about all of this new information. "Keep up the pressure. We don't know when his vision will return. But while the flash's effects remain..." trailed Ray off.

(Y/N) grinned, finishing: "We'll continue to pressure him. Even if he's not fully blinded. We just have to deal as much damage as we can." It was then that she noticed the cat-like Demon creature by the window, staring at her with its single eye. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she said: "Mister, take Pepe and go outside. We have to-"

But before she could even finish her sentence, the small creature let out a loud screech, causing all of them to run immediately, with the adult picking up Pepe.

Just a second later, the wall that was separating them from the Archduke was shattered, debris falling everywhere. Leuvis stood inside the room, his voice quite low as he asked: "Now, where are you, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) Pov:

We scattered around in the house, each of us having their firearm ready. I gripped the rifle tightly, turning around to shoot at Leuvis. He tried dodging, using a part of a door to do so. But as he got closer to me, Ray took over the shooting, saying: "(Y/N)! I'll cover you!"