Page 35

"Why are you here ?" He asked me confused.
The dance ended at 9pm and it was only 7:15.
I sat my purse and phone, and jacket down on the kitchen counter, "I got into a altercation at the dance."
He stood up and walked closer to me, "I see..."
He grabbed my chin and turned my head side to side.
I started to cry again.
"What happened?" He asked concerned.
"Nothing..I don't want to talk about it Charles."
He shook his head , "I'm better off knowing then Sheila knowing. Wait ? did that nigga put his hands on you ?" He asked slapping his hand down on the counter, "No!" I yelled out then smacked my lips, "I just want to lay down ..."
I grabbed my things and went to my room and laid down.
I held some tissue to my nose.
I couldn't keep the tears from falling.
I couldn't believe Zulia did me like that.
As long as she been my girl, how could she ?
It didn't feel real.
I couldn't think straight.
I couldn't even be happy about my kiss with Greg.
His lips were so soft and big, and I couldn't be happy about it.
Charles came in my room and past me his blunt, "You are going to need this I see."
He told me sitting next to me.
I sat up and took the blunt , "what if momma smell this shit when she gets home ? She's going to kick both us out."
Charles laughed, "She won't be back until 3am..I'll air it out by then."
I hit the blunt a couple times, then past it back to him, "So, about the baby my momma was pregnant with..."
He sighed then gave me a smirk, "What ?"
"Did you make her get a abortion and then go stay in a hotel to get closer to me ?" I asked.
I've been wanting to know that answer for weeks now..he never told me.
He sighed again then past the blunt back to me, "I didn't make Sheila get the abortion because of you.. but I might have stayed in the hotel because of you."