Page 105

"Your going to joined this ceremony and act happy for us. Your going to tell Sheila your child's father is in another state, and your going to move with him and go to school there."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
I couldn't even respond.
"Now, let's go downstairs..Sheila should be here by now." He headed towards the ladder to get down from the attic, but he stopped.
He looked spooked.
I got up and walked towards him, "What ?"
I looked down the hole to see my mother.
She was looking up at us with red puffy eyes.
She looked so beautiful.
Her hair was filled with deep curls and flowers.
Her makeup was so professional.
"Charles ! You told me my daughter was crazy! That she was obsessed with you!" My mom voice cracked.
"Sweetheart ! Listen , please !" Charles tried to move in closer to her.
She stepped back.
The whole house was quite.
Even the DJ.
You could hear a penny drop.
"Fuck you ! And fuck you!" She pointed at each of us.
My head started to hurt again and my eyes filled with tears.
"The wedding is off! I want both of you to get out my house ! Take that deformed ass baby with y'all ! Take Ava too!" She screamed.
Everybody in the house looked dumb founded.
"Do not call my little brother deformed Sheila ! You knew from the time that baby got here that my dad was the daddy ! You were in denial!!!" My momma rolled her eyes at Ava and shoved past her.
I jumped down from the attic while Charles stayed up and cried.
"I knew something was off when I was here last time and she was acting weird when he proposed to you." Her Friend Catherine explained to my momma.
My momma ignored her too.
"Everybody outtttt! The wedding is off!!! This man was fucking my teen daughter and gave her a baby!" Everybody gasped.
"Chill out! Why put everybody in y'all Business?"My granddaddy asked her while rocking my son to sleep.
Everybody was taking their time leaving out the house a couple at a time.
They were taking food to go.
"YEAH! Tell everybody he took my virginity too !" I  screamed at my momma.
She turned around and smack me as hard as she could.