Page 165

I pulled my apron off and threw it on the floor.
She smiled and switched her ass back and forth as she walked away.
I ran into Landen's office and swung the door open. "Landen? What is Candy talking about ?"
Landen sighed then sipped his coffee, " Look, it's to much going....." I cut him off.
"I only been here like a week and a half, I haven't even got my  first check yet!" I snapped.
"I'm sorry Storm, but my fiancé is giving me a hard time about you! It's stressful and I need to make her happy. I can help you find another job."
I knocked all the stuff off his desk, "FUCK YOU LANDEN!"
I hurried out the restaurant and marched all the way home.
I cried the whole way.
My head was pounding.
I got into my apartment and saw a note on my front door.
I snatched it off and read it.
"You have been living here for almost a year now and  your government housing is almost up. You will have to start paying 800 dollars a month starting may 15th of this year. For questions, call the number at the bottom of this letter."
I balled the paper up and threw it on the floor.
I banged on Fanny's door and she opened it in a robe and rollers in her hair.
"Off work early again?" She asked me.
I rushed past her to grab Zeek, "Your 'son' Landen fired me because of his fiancé."
Fanny was looking confused.
"What?" She asked as I walked out the door.
I ignored her.
I didn't want to be rude but I wasn't in the mood at all.
I laid  Zeek in his crib and called a uber to take  me to Walmart to get a battery for my car and pay my phone bill with the 200 dollars I had to my name. I had Fanny get me a round trip Uber with her credit card.

I got a cheap battery and paid my phone bill.
It was a T-mobile inside of Walmart.
Once my phone was on, I called Charles.
"Aye, can you come over and put this battery in my car?"
"Ughh, yeah..sure.. your phone is back on ?"
"Duhh!!" I said then hung up.

I watched Charles put my battery in like it was counting to 3.
He did it so fast.