Page 85

"I feel like I'll get better..I just been a little stressed lately." I told her dryly.
"Well, your young..I see your about to be 17..it should subside overtime." The nurse smiled.
"By the way, just a heads up...you can't be spazzing like that in hospitals baby girl...they could of called the mental institution on you. You don't want that, because you just had a baby."
I nodded, "I know. I'm sorry for how I acted." I said embarrassed, "I just wanna see my son..I HAVNT met him yet."
"Well, it's your lucky day because a nurse is bringing him up to you right now. Only for a little while though because he will have to go back to the ICU floor."
I smiled, "Wonderful...does he have to stay when I leave ?"
The nurse nodded, "Yeah..until he gets big enough. Right now he is dangerously small to go home with you."
I sighed, "Ok."

They rolled Zeek to the side of my bed.
He was in a bubble type thing with holes in it.
The first thing I notice was how white he was.
He was whiter then white people.
I was so shy with him.
I didn't understand why because he was my child.
He had machines all around him and on his nose.
One was even sticking out his mouth.
"Hey little baby! I'm your mommy." I touched the bubble, "I love you." I added with a grin.
He smiled back.
He was moving his hands and feet all loosely.
"Why are you moving so much little baby!" I laughed with tears of joy.
The nurse laughed with me.
"I have the birth certificate. Do you want to sign it now or wait for the dad ?"
"I'll sign it now." I said reaching up for the pen and clip board.
After I finished filling out the papers, it read, "Storm Penny Williams is the mother of Zeek Deshawn Williams. No father listed. Born August 7th at Harry hardy hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. 2 pounds 12 ounces. 13 inches."
I looked over at my son and smirked, "It's just me and you buddy."