Page 137

"You may start the conversation now." The operator said.
"Charles ? Baby ! I miss you ! Zeek misses you." I said.
"I miss you guys too. You sound sick ! Are you ok?"
I smacked my teeth, "No! I'm alone ! No help! I think I got the flu. I can't take care of Zeek. I need you Charles." I cried.
"Well, I'm guessing your not at school since your sick. Who's been watching Zeek while you went to school ?" He asked.
"Daycare. I found one a couple blocks from my house." I said coughing.
"Thats good that you found one." He said.
"Well, ask Ava to come over to help you after school. Is she still staying with her Bestfriend?" Charles added.
"She's not coming over here Charles. She's not helping me. Why have you not been calling me ? I've been waiting for your calls. I just wrote you a letter." I said trying to fit so much in at once.
Our call was going fast.
"I didn't get the letter yet. I didn't want to call you because I really don't suppose to be talking to you. I just wanted to really check on Zeek." He said rushing.
We had 5 minutes left.
"Did you and Ava get into it or something?" He asked confused.
"We will talk about it. Not right now though." I said coughing.
"Can I come visit ?" I asked.
"No, that wouldn't be good." Charles said with a sigh.
Zeek started crying and I put the bottle in his mouth, "I feel like I got Zeek sick, he is warm." I said frustrated.
"If it gets to bad, call 9-1-1. They can help you."Charles said.
Out the blue, the phone hung up.
"Shit!" I said throwing my phone down on the bed beside me.
My bed was soaked in sweat.
I couldn't eat.
I ended up throwing up a couple times.
I told myself if I didn't feel good by morning, I was going to call an ambulance because I couldn't take care of Zeek in the position I was in.
He would be crying like crazy.
I got up, made me some tea.
I was to sick to go out and get medicine.
I wished Hundo was still living with me.
I couldn't believe he used me like he did.
He really just needed a place to stay for a little while.