Page 187

"Angel, where am I going to get that type of money from ? I don't even have enough money to even keep my apartment!"
She laughed at me, "Well, you better figure it out before your son becomes fatherless." She hung up on me.
Landen walked in and picked up Zeek, "Are you ready to go?"
I shook my head, "No! ......I mean.."
I sat on the couch , "I need to come up with 20,000 dollars!"
Landen looked confused, "Why?"
"Look, it's ransom money! They want 20,000 dollars or...or..." I burst out into tears, then hugged Landen tightly.
"Ummm, did you try the police?" He asked me sounding confused.
"I'm not calling the police Landen. Soon as they see them police lights, I'm sure they will kill them!" I said in a jittery tone.
I paced my floor trying to figure something out.
"Who do they have hostage?" Landen asked watching me pace.
"Charles and his daughter."
"Why?" He asked.
" that's besides the point Landen!" I screamed.
"Ok, well, let's figure something out!" He screamed back at me, "I want to help you but I did tell Fanny I was coming to see her!"
I rolled my eyes, "At this point, this is more important!"
He sighed and looked at Zeek, "Ok...Zeek needs his father."
I sat next to Landen and looked over at Zeek, "Exactly..so help me."

Sam sent me the address to where they were at.
"If I see any cops pull up, I'm blowing his head off his shoulders."Sam said to me before hanging up.
My heart was racing.
"So what do they want with Ava? Why they not trying to hurt her?"
"They are using her for money. She is stripping and prostituting for them."
Landen shook his head as he drove 90 miles per hour on the expressway.
"Why do Charles owe him 20,000?"
I looked over at Landen with a stank look, "You are asking a lot of questions!"
"Sorry." He said.
I looked in the back seat at Zeek, then I looked over at the duffle bag next to him, "Do you think this will work?" I asked Landen.
"I don't know but, it's worth a try."

We pulled up to a dark deserted building.
It looked so scary.
"Leave Zeek here." Landen told me grabbing the bag out the back.
"What ? No!" I said nervously.
"He is safer here Storm! It's no telling what is about to happen!"
I walked over to Zeek and kissed him on the forehead, "I love you baby! I'll be back."
Landen locked the car door and he lead the way.
If I died, my son would be lefted alone in that car, and that's all I kept thinking about.