Page 193

Landen jumped out the car right as she was grabbing me by my hair.
"Bitch ! I'll beat yo little ass!" She threw me on the wet grass.
The press was behind us. They stopped asking questions at this point, they were just staring at me.
Landen grabbed candy by her arms and swung her onto the side of his car, "I want you to go home, and pack your bags! I need you out my house when I get back from seeing Fanny!"
Candy looked real confused, and then looked at me embarrassed.
"What do you mean Landen?" She asked in a sweet sounding voice.
"It's over! That's what I mean! Now you don't have to worry about me talking to nobody because...." He grabbed her hand and snatched her ring off of it, "Your not mine anymore !"
He put the ring in his pocket and then snatched the keys out her hand.
I slowly got back in the car.
I felt bad for her.
I could just imagine how she was feeling.
Tears dropped from her eyes as we pulled off.
The press didn't even follow us, they just stared.
I guess they were in shock too.
"How dare you leave me Landen ! Your doing this all for a little ass girl!?" She screamed chasing the car.
Landen drove faster.
"I'm sorry about that." He said clearing his throat.
I sighed, "It's ok, my hair is ok too."
We both laughed.
"But no, she was real ignorant for that, she is way to grown for that." He said sounding serious.
I nodded, " Really, it's ok Landen. I'm just happy that you ended it with her, she was no good for you."
Landen jumped on the E-way going towards Missouri.
"Yeah. Your not the only person who said that, my whole family thought little of her."
I looked out the window, "Yeah, she's a little ghetto. Your to good for her."
He looked over at me and smiled, "Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking getting engaged to her."
"Where is your daughter?" I asked him curious.
"Day care." He said.

2 hours into the ride, I got a text on my phone.
It was a number I never seen before.
"I wonder who this is." I said to Landen.
"What?" He asked still looking at the road.
"The text say, GOOD JOB SAVING YOUR MAN AND SISTER-IN-LAW." I told him.
"Call it." Landen suggested.