Page 83

"Thank you for trying to save my baby. She was going through a lot. Her funeral is next week Tuesday at House Of God Church on the north side at 3pm. She overdosed on painkillers. They said she took as much as 40 pills. She committed suicide."
I instantly started to cry.
My mom was talking so much that she didn't even realize that I was crying.
"I'm so happy that you didn't have sex with that creepy white guy ..then you told me that he was 18 ! The news said that man is in his 30s ! He is my age! Why was he even in your house Storm ? That man could of gave you HIV you have to be careful. How did you even get involved with a man like that...."
I knew she had a lot to say because we HAVNT talked in so long.
"Then he killed your friend ! That shit...."
I cut her off.
"MOMMA!!!" She stopped and looked at me crazy.
I looked down at her ring.
"Where is Charles ?"
"Oh...he would of came but he had to work...Ava is still at the house ! She still has a attitude with you from what happened last time y'all were together but she will get over it. You guys need to get closer because y'all will be step sisters soon....I should call her and....."
I cut her off again, "Momma! Did you really look at Zeek ?? You see how his face look?"
I said crying rubbing my face.
"Baby ? Don't cry! He's just Albino, it's not that serious he will be fine !"
I shook my head then grabbed her phone out her hand. I went to his picture and put the picture in her face, "No..look at him momma!"
"I see.what are you saying ?" She asked me with a confused face.
I sat up and looked her in the eye, "Momma. I love you and I'm so sorry , ok."
My mouth started shivering.
"Storm ? What are you talking about ?" She asked with a nervous face.
I grabbed my momma's ring and snatched it off her hand and threw it across the room.
"Storm!" She yelled jumping up and running to get it.
I smacked my teeth when she put it back on.