Page 124

I sat next to Charles.
He looked nervous.
I became concerned.
I grabbed Zeek out his arms.
Zeek smiled when he saw me.
I hugged him so tightly.
"Nice to meet you Miss.Williams." Attorney Brews said reaching out to shake my hand.
I shook his hand and as soon as I did that, his face looked so serious.
"Look, I'm going to jump right to it..." He said  fixing his grey suit, then sat down.
"Your mother wants to press charges on Charles. She is also pleading insanity. She's saying she shot him because she found out on her wedding day that her fiancé got her young daughter pregnant. She can honestly beat it because he is twice your age. I want to help you guys but you have to explain what happened with you and Charles so I can get a better idea of what happened."
I looked over at Charles and he was looking so afraid.
"Are they trying to say that he raped me ?" I asked Brews.
"Basically. Statutory rape. But it's not a felony. According to the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence, anyone over the age of 18 involved in sexual conduct with a child under 13 years old is guilty of a felony crime. You were 16 when it happened, which makes it a misdemeanor .He could get 6 months to a year, or you guys can try to fight it in court. But fighting it, can give him longer jail time."
Brews explained.
Zeek started crying.
I handed him to Charles.
"Charles, why don't you go sit in the lobby with the baby while I speak to Storm alone." Brews insisted.
Charles slowly got up and Limped out.
"So, tell me how you guys sexual relationship even started." Brews said sinking in his seat spinning a pen between his fingers.

I explained from beginning to end.
From the time he moved in to the time I moved out.
"Interesting story." Brews said clearing his throat.
"Yeah, your mother can definitely win this case. Especially if she didn't know you guys had a sexual relationship and she had aborted her baby with him. Then you turn around and had a baby with him. It's a sad story and I know it will be sad to the jury." He explained.
I sighed.
"That's why I'm here, I'm here to help you. I can be your attorney and lawyer. I major in both. If you guys pay me good, I can keep him stay out of jail. But you have to always remember, it's all on how the judge and the jury feels."
My heart raced as he talked.