Page 147

Fanny made me some tea and then gave me a ice pack.
The lady had so much shit in her house, she even had the ice packs they used to give us in school.
"How did Zeek do?" I asked.
"He did fine. He only drank 2 bottles."
She sat across from me, "What happened tonight hunny ?Why are you all beat'n up?" She looked so concerned.
She made me feel loved.
"I..got in a altercation with this girl at a party." I said looking down at the floor.
I was so embarrassed, uncomfortable.
"By one girl ? Just one?" Fanny asked confused.
"It look like 10 people jumped on you girl, come on in this bathroom and soak in some water. I have this bath salt that helps with bruises."
I smiled at her and let out a giggle, "Ok, mom."
She smiled, "Let's go."

I woke up on Fanny's couch.
My body felt 10 times worse the next day.
The bath helped though, Put me right to sleep.
Zeek was with Fanny in her room watching The Price Is Right.
"Good morning baby, how do you feel?" Fanny asked.
"I'm ok. Zeek and I will be going home now." I said reaching for him.
"No no, you go home, get some rest honey. You was supposed to let him stay the night anyways. You was supposed to be out enjoying yourself. I'll call you if he becomes to much trouble. Every single  woman needs a break from their kids, I know because I was a single mother." She said.
I broke down.
I slid down against the wall and cried as much as I could.
"I'm sorry, it's just, I needed to hear that! I don't have my phone or any money! It was stolen at the club!"
Fanny walked over to me, "it's ok baby, get up..give me a hug."
I hugged her, "What do you mean club ? I thought you went to a party ? Your to young for a club." She asked.
I cleared my throat then wiped my tears, "that's what I meant to say...party."
I sat on her bed, "I don't have a job, no friends..." I continued.
"Sweetie, if you want to get a job, go find one. Isn't Zeek in day care?"
I sighed, "Not for very long. He has to drop from day care in a couple days because I stop trying to put his dad on child support, plus, my car is messed up. My car is actually 30 minutes from here." I said sadly.