Page 140

I finished my soup and tea and then sat and watched Zeek suck on the bag.
He was kicking and smiling while doing it.
We both were feeling better.
"Thank you." I told Fanny, "I needed that." I said.
"Your welcome sweetie, I have no friends or family. I have one grand child ,but the mother moved  her to California. I haven't seen her in 4 years, we just, talk on the phone." She said softly.
"I'm surprised I never seen you around." I said, "like, getting in your car or getting your mail before."
Fanny laughed, "I don't really leave this house baby , my son's Bestfriend Landen comes and bring me my groceries and brings in my mail. He's just out of town  right now so I had to get my own mail today. I don't own a car. I haven't in 5 years."
I was talking to her for hours.
"Oh well, if you ever need a lift somewhere, I can help you out." I said.
She smiled, "That would be nice, maybe, sometime you can come over too. Ya know, visit me, you and your son. What's his name?" She asked.
"Zeek. I named him after my father who died when I was 10 years old. He's 5 months old." I said.
"Oh, how old are you Storm?"
"I just turned 17." I said.
She poured me some more tea, "The more tea you drink, the better you will feel."
I smiled and picked up the tea, "Thank you. I hope I don't get you sick." I said then took a big sip.
" For 20 years I've been building my immune system. I don't eat meat, I intake alot of greens and fruits. A lot of lemon, mint, and ginger." She said confident.
"I have not been sick in 18 years." She said making me another bowl of soup.
"Oh, that's good. I need to get like you." I said taking the bowl from her.
"This soup is the bomb." I smiled.
"I heard you coughing . I heard Zeek's little sneezes. I was going to bring the soup and tea over to your house later today, but I guess, god brought us together anyways."
I sat at Fanny's house for hours.
It felt good to talk to somebody older who felt like a mother figure.
I learned so much about her in just a few hours.
I learned that she was 65 years old and never been married.