Page 45

I stared at Charles as I rocked back and forth some more.
He had fear in his eyes.
It looked like he wanted to cry.
"You supposed to go to school and become something !" My mom cried as she slammed her hands against the coffee table.
She was slobbing at the mouth.
"Who going to take care of the damn baby !!? Me ? Your broke !! You have no money ! No job ! Who the daddy ? The boy you went to the dance with ??" My mom screamed at the top of her lungs.
I stared at Charles and shook my head.
Charles looked away from me and stared at the floor.
"Do you know who he is ? Are you hoeing ?" My mom yelled at me muffing me in my head.
"No momma ! I only been having sex with one person !! I don't want the baby momma ! that's why I said abortion !!"
She pushed me out the way and headed up the stairs , "I'm broke ! I paid all the bills and then I lost my job ! IM not spending 500 dollars of my future bill money on your mistakes ! Go ask the daddy for money !"
Soon as my momma went all the way up the stairs , I grabbed Charles hand , "I need that money give it to me !"
"That's my baby ?" He asked me in a high pitch voice.
I nodded, "Yeah !  Charles.  I know you don't want the Baby either ok, just give me the money and it will be over !" I reinsured him.
He shook his head , "That ain't my baby !" He snatched away from me , and followed my momma up the stairs.
My mouth dropped .
I couldn't believe it.
He flipped on me.
My momma came rushing down the stairs , with a big bag full of clothes , "Get out my house !" She threw the bag at me and clothes went flying everywhere.
"Momma !" I yelled out picking up my clothes.
"I want you out by tonight Storm ! Go live with the baby daddy ! I'm not helping you get no abortion !"
I stared at  Charles , "So , your not helping me with my abortion either ....dad ?" I asked with a attitude.
"I spent my last on my car note, I won't have no more money until next week."
Next week !? By that time I'm sure the price will go up. Depending on how far along I was.
"He's not helping you either Storm." My mom said calmly, then headed back up stairs.
Charles followed her not  looking back at me .