Page 72

"Why did you walk off like that when I called you?" I asked her in a joke.
"I mean, I've been having a lot of random People come at me bad about..Greg's death." She said throwing some eggs in her client's basket.
"Why? You didn't kill him." I said confused.
She took a deep breath, "I didn't ..but I'm the reason him and Chuck didn't like each other."
"Wait ? Chuck already knew Greg ?" I asked.
Brittney nodded, "yeah..he knew me and him."
I was so lost.
"Look, can we talk in a more comfortable environment? I'm going to grab some groceries and go home and cook if you want to come over to my place."
Brittney shook her head, "I don't know you Storm. All I know is that your a girl who was trying to fuck my man."
I gave her a dirty look , "What? Fuck him?"
Brittney threw some bread In the lady's basket, "Yeah, that's what he told me..you always called and texted him."
I rolled my eyes, "Wow..he definitely lied to you..I never tried to fuck him or never did."
She smirked, "Good..trust me..you didn't want to fuck him."
"What?" I said lost.
I couldn't tell if she was being serious or playing with me. The way she spoke was unpredictable.
"What that supposed to mean ?" I asked popping my neck.
"Look..Storm!! I'll come to your little house ok .." she snatched my phone out my hand and put her number in my phone, "Text me at 8."
I nodded.
"And I hope your not lying about not having sex with Greg..I hope that baby isn't his in yo stomach either Mamas."she said with a little laugh, then she walked off with her client.
I stared at her until she disappeared.
She was confusing and I was going to figure out what was really to the girl.
I grabbed my groceries and headed home to cook.
I made Chicken wings and fries and by the time I was done, it was almost 8pm.
I sat on my couch and gave myself a break off my feet.
A text came through my phone.
It was my mom with weeding details.
She was actually inviting me. Like, what the fuck !