Chapter 16

Fanny said she would be my baby sitter while I worked at Landen's restaurant.
Zeek had a week left at daycare.

I went to school everyday, embarrassed.
I still looked bad, bruised up.
The only good thing was that rumors of me,Zulia,and mayah, was done. Old news.
People were talking about me because I had a missing tooth though.
They all had their own guesses about me.
"She looks like she got beat up."
"She look like she shoot up drugs."
I ignored them all. I was to busy studying while I was in school since I had no time when I got home.
I had to be a full time mom at home.
Holidays sucked.
We had two weeks off for Christmas and New Years but I didn't celebrate.
I was busy studying.
Besides, Fanny didn't celebrate because she was a Jehovah witness and I had no friends to go out with or give gifts too.

Alex and I been hanging out a lot.
We never went out together but he would pull up infront of my apartment and we would smoke in the car.
We really have been getting to know each other.
I learned all the right things about him.
He was the closest thing I had besides Fanny.

"Ok, I'm off on my first day of work." I told Fanny soon as she opened her front door.
I handed her Zeek in his car seat, then his diaper bag.
"You look nice in your uniform." Fanny smiled as she looked me up and down.
"Thank you." I blushed.
I was a dish washer in the kitchen of Island Eats.
10 dollars a hour, 4 hours a day. 8 hours on Saturdays.
I ran to my car.
I tried to start it. It didn't start.
My battery was fucking up again.
"Shit!"I hit the dash with my fist.
I called Landen and told him my car was messing up again so he came and picked me up.
"Your first pay check should be able to get you a battery." He said as I jumped in the car.

My first day was on a Friday, so the place was Jammed packed.
4 hours felt like 8 hours.
My co-workers were all older, I was the youngest on the team. They all were nice and helpful on my first day.