Page 116

"This gotta be my momma , but I don't have money on my phone." I told Ava.
Ava rolled her eyes.
"Imma go to the currency exchange to put money on my phone." I said hanging up.
Ava still didn't respond, she just kept eating her food.
We went to Walmart and got Zeek a cradle and a small tv for my room since it was already a tv in my front room.
I still had money left over.

I let Ava drive.
"Pull up to the currency exchange." I told her counting my money Hundo gave me and my Welfare check.
"You really want to talk to that bitch huh?" She asked me with a attitude driving faster.
"I mean, she is my mom regardless!" I snapped back.
Ava rolled her eyes again, "Whatever."
She pulled up and parked.
She started staring out the window.
"You were mad at me when we was going to court for Lilly. You wasn't mad for long because you eventually started talking to me. You don't stay mad at me long like your dad or my mom do. That's what I like about you. You would be pissed one day and start talking to me again the next day like nothing happened. You wouldn't discuss it or talk about it at all. I would damn near forget why we were into it." I explained before getting out the car.
Ava turned to look at me, then turned the radio down.
Some old Beyoncé was playing.
"What are you talking about Storm?" Ava asked in a sassy tone.
"I'm saying. Your mad now because I want to talk to my mom but, your going to get over it. Just like when you tried to fight me when I was pregnant in my momma's house." I added.
Ava was looking at me crazy, "Bitch what ? You are trippin. What are you talking about?"
We both started cracking up.
"I love you Ava..really..we act like sisters." I said opening my car door to finally get out.
"Yeah, why you think I ain't touch you when Hundo was giving us dick.?"
I playfully rolled my eyes and then went into the currency exchange.
I put 15 dollars on my phone to talk to my mom.
All I had to do was wait for her call back.
I only needed to talk to her one time and that's all.
I had something to say.