Page 196

"I guess the real reason I held on to her so long is because of the Business we built together. She has been such a great help. But, I feel like we just need to be friends. Over the years, she's been a gold digger and manipulative. We were unhealthy before I even met you." He reinsured me.
I leaned in my seat, "well I hope you guys work out. Mainly for your daughter. She needs a two parent household."
He nodded, "My baby gone be ok." He said.
I grabbed my salad out the bag , and then Zeek's applesauce.
I jumped in the back seat to eat and feed Zeek.

We pulled up to the hospital.
I was so happy to finally be there.
"It feels so good outside!" I stretched my arms and legs.
"It is nice." He said grabbing Zeek's car seat for me.
We hurried into the hospital and got us a visitors pass.
My heart was racing.
I was so excited to see her.
We jumped on the elevator and it took us to the 3rd floor where she was at.
She was in a recovery room.
I walked in the room behind Landen.
She was on a bunch of machines and tubes.

"Mom!" I yelled hugging her so tightly.
"Be careful now baby! I'm still in some pain." She laughed.
I sat next to her in the bed.
"It's so good to see all of you! Jehovah know he would do it don't he?" She reached out to grab Zeek, "Let me get my grandbaby." Zeek was smiling and kicking when she grabbed him.
He missed her too.
"Where is Candy?" Fanny asked Landen.
He cleared his throat, "Um, she's running the restaurant while I'm away."
"Oh ok, it would of been nice to see her and the little baby girl." She said smiling.
He changed the subject, "What happened Fanny, how y'all crash?" Landen asked concerned.
She took a deep breath, "Well, Diana was driving the car. She had a stroke while driving and drove off the road hitting a ditch."
I gasped, "I'm so so so sorry for your losses." I told her.
"I lost a lot of family baby, I'll be ok." She said sadly.
Landen and I rubbed her back, "They are with Jehovah now." She explained.
"What about your friend that survived with you? Where is she?" Landen asked.
"In ICU on the 4th floor. She's on life support but I know she is going to pull through."she told us with a smile.
She kissed Zeek's forehead, "I'm ready to go though. No Mississippi for me, I want to go home to my apartment."
"We will take you home Fanny." Landen told her.