Page 99

"Zulia asked me to drive her over to Storm's apartment, because she lefted some of her things over there. I drove around the block a few times with Lilly in the back seat, Once I saw the police came and got her."
Maya explained on stand.
The room was quite.
"I was trying to figure out what to do because, I didn't know what to do with a baby ! Her Grandma was at work and the baby daddy wasn't around. I had to be home soon because I was on punishment at the time. I snuck out the house to do this for Zulia."
Maya started crying.
Zeek started crying and I picked him up to calm him down.
Charles looked back at Zeek with disgust in his eyes.
"I got out and went into Storm's apartment because I was so pissed off I had to watch a baby because they put the momma in jail. I went to Storm's house to actually tell her that she needed to get the baby and watch her until Zulia was bailed out. But her friend over there...." Maya pointed at Ava, "Cane in and started beating on me."
"Because you broke Storm's nose!" Ava yelled standing up, "But I have Epilepsy! You could of killed me!" Maya snapped.
"Enough!" The judge snapped, "Maya, you can step down, I'm calling Storm Williams to the stand."
"I'll hold my brother." Ava said as I got up.
I smiled at her and handed her his car seat.
Then I handed the diaper bag.
My momma looked pissed. She didn't even look at the baby. Her eyes were filled with tears.
"That's not your brother." Charles whispered to Ava.
Ava rolled her eyes at him and started feeding Zeek a bottle.
I got on the stand and placed my hand on the Bible the police officer placed infront of me.
"Are you going to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" I nodded, "Yes."
I looked up at Zulia who was crying.
Her eyes were red and puffy.
"Tell me your side of the story Miss.Williams. Everything that lead up to the Death of Lilly."
The judge said calmly , then looked over at me.
I let out a sigh, then looked at the jury, who were staring into my eyes.